Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 10:35
We will arrive rather later in the evening, and have booked a hotel close to the airport. The Hotel offers free airport shuttle and have provided a comprehensive time table. The evening shuttle is no problem, but in the following morning we will carry on and take Ltd. Exp. Narita Express to Shinagawa and we don't know where it departs.

My question is, do we have to go inside the Terminal to get to the JR Station, or is there another option? I have read from some other hotel sites that they also offer a shuttle to the JR Station. Is that the same station inside the terminal or some other station?

What is the easiest way to get to the train? Thank you for your replies.
by saijaR  

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 14:42
I have read from some other hotel sites that they also offer a shuttle to the JR Station.

They were probably referring to Narita station.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 14:52
by Amonzi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 19:42
The rail stations at Narita are in the basements of the two main terminals.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 19:50
Thank you for your replies.

If I understand correctly, I need to take a hotel shuttle bus back to the Airport and then find my way to the railway station. What is the Narita Station? Is it different to Terminal stations?
by saijaR rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 20:05
I'm just curious, why not just make your way all the way to Shinagawa once you leave the airport and have the hotel booked in Shinagawa
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 20:09
JR Narita is in Narita City, close to the airport. But it is not Narita Airport Terminal 1 or 2 stations.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 20:19
Go back to the airport - either T1 or T2 and get the train from there - that is where most of the airport shuttles will take you. The N'Ex does not stop at Narita (city).

And for the comment why not go to Shinagawa? Airport hotels are cheaper than Tokyo, and the OP probably values sleep rather than a tedious hour into the city after their flight.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/28 20:29
The N'Ex does not stop at Narita (city).

Actually the early morning services do (and the late evening ones in the reverse direction).

https://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/co...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/29 06:24
Thank you all for your replies.

Now I know what to do and I can relax about it. I was particularly confused about two Narita Stations, but now understand that they are not the same.

And yes, I value a good night's sleep after a long flight and like said, the Airport hotels provide just that and are cheaper (and easier to access) than Tokyo hotels.
by saijaR rate this post as useful

Re: JR Station at Narita Terminal 2 2017/9/29 08:37
The N'Ex does not stop at Narita (city).
Actually the early morning services do (and the late evening ones in the reverse direction).
https://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-shinkansen-reservation/English/wb/co...

Thank you for the correction - it's been a long time since I was on one of those services.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread