Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiking without a tent, lodges? Free or pay? 2017/10/11 04:18
Hi,
I was looking at a book about the 100 famous mountains in Japan and some are described as short day hikes from 1-5 hours, some longer which probably require an early start or staying near the mountain before setting off.

Then some are described as two or three day hikes. I am not a really experienced hiker in the fact of carrying a tent and such stuff, but I enjoy outdoor and I feel sometimes a simple day hike would be too little.

I wish to find some interesting longer hikes where you can stay on a "lodge" or something during the night of the hike, or the night before the actually hike. Not sure what it would be called in Japanese. Tried googgling some but only ended up in random blogs...
by Hikerguy (guest)  

Re: Hiking without a tent, lodges? Free or pay? 2017/10/11 18:00
A lot of the more popular multi-day hikes will have huts along the way that you can pay to stay in. Often (simple) food is served too. Some you can book ahead of time. If you can find a copy of Lonely Planet's Hiking in Japan, that has a lot of details; otherwise, the hiking section on this website might be some help for at least choosing the hikes before doing more research.
by /kh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread