Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo to nikko 2017/10/19 15:44
hi i would like to know if it is possible to do a 1 day trip from tokyo to nikko ...is it enough to do some site seeing like going to toshogu shrine, shinkyo bridge, akechidaira plateau, ryuzu waterfalls,and also tobu world square all for a day trip only? pls. advice...thank you
by lorna (guest)  

Re: tokyo to nikko 2017/10/19 18:12
I think that's too much in one day, given that you'll need to travel between those places - they're not walking distance from each other! I've previously done Toshogu, the bridge and Tobu World Square as a comfortable day trip, with a walk down Nikko's main street in between.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to nikko 2017/10/19 21:54
Check weather before going to Nikko. It is getting very cold there now.
by sakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to nikko 2017/10/20 08:23
My day-trips normally take in Toshugu shrine, the Iemitsu mausoleum, Lake Chuzenji and the Kegon Falls. That fills the day pretty well. Adding the stop for the ropeway/plateau would some extra time to the day and going to Ryuzu would be an alternative to Kegon - the buses seem to be roughly two per hour.

World Square always seemed too difficult to squeeze into the day because of the location.

Skip the bridge - it might be listed as one of Japan's top bridges, but it's not. Only takes five minutes to look at if you do chose to stop on the way past.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to nikko 2017/10/20 12:08
Thank you all for the advices appreciated them very much 😊
by Lorna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to nikko 2017/10/20 20:05
Tobu World Square did used to present more of a challenge (had to take a bus there previously), but there's just recently been a train station built right nearby so you can access it from central Nikko quite easily now. The Nikko passes that include entry to Tobu World Square also include travel on the train there.

I loved Tobu World Square, it turned out to be a surprising highlight of my trip!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to nikko 2017/10/20 21:53
If we buy the all day pass which is good for 4 days does this mean we can go back again the following day at central nikko to continue our sightseeing without extra cost?
by Lorna (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread