Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto and Atami Onsen questions 2017/10/20 23:31
Hello! I'm doing my third trip to Japan and while some days seem charged, I made sure to use the travel time for quick naps and such. Though I have a few questions which I left underneath the below dates. Thanks in advance for your input!

9th Nov
Day 1

Arrival Haneda in the afternoon (renting pocket wifi), check-in Hotel and get sorted, walking the area to familiarize with Hotel location and gather information at train station in Shinjuku.

10 Nov
Day 2: Day trip - Mt. Nokogiri-yama, Awa, Chiba / Ask Hotel for Dinner recommendation & Robot Restaurant reservation :D.

I really want to walk around there, if possible, return by ferry. Is this area very touristy? I need someone to take a picture of me on the jigoku-rock :D? Would it be rude to ask someone on the ferry if they climb there and go with them for help with picture taking?

11 Nov
Day 3: Fuji five lakes if weather is good - perhaps by bus, hopefully having enough time to catch the last bus back to Tokyo, will inquire but if you know, thanks in advance! I want to see the rest of the autumn leaves colours if there are any still at that time and Fuji & lake.

12 Nov
Day 4: Kegon Waterfall & Lake Chuzenji or temples in Nikko / 8am departure - return early evening - Not activating JP Rail pass

I am not sure whether this is do-able, perhaps I will just do the Waterfall, eat something, enjoy the hike etc...

Planning to ask advice in Nikko upon arrival what would be doable but I want to see a pretty waterfall with autumn colors, if possible a tall, gorgeous waterfall.

There are some in Izu-Peninsula too but I found it inconvenient to travel there by train...

13 Nov
Day 5: Tokyo / Edo-Tokyo Museum / Imperial palace / Ueno or Asakusa for dinner/switch with Fuji five lakes if weather was bad on 11th Nov.

14 Nov
Day 6: Shibuya/Yokohama shopping day (memory item, gifts, music) taking it easy / switch with Fuji five lakes if weather was bad on 11th Nov.

15 Nov
Day 7: Jigokudani Monkey Park - Nagano Prefecture / 7am departure - return around 20pm - activating JP Rail pass

I know, I know, I know. But it's Monkeys in an Onsen! And I just -have- to see it. Totally ok with wasting most of the day travelling for that.

16 Nov

Day 8: Atami perhaps, still looking for a private onsen for an hour or two which allows tattoos...any recommendations from you please? I've been to Japan 2 times already, never been in an Onsen. I only have 1 tattoo. Evening I will be packing up for Kyoto.

17 Nov
Day 9: Early Departure to Kyoto - Check out Shinjuku - Cab to Shinagawa train station - Buy bento for train - Shinkansen Hikari to Kyoto
Check in Ryokan around 10am in Kamigyo-ku (8km by cab to Arashiyama area)
Arashiyama
Riverboat cruise if the weather is good
Bamboo Grove (famous bamboo forest)
Kiyomizudera light show + sightseeing Gion area at night & fancy dinner.
I'll do all the distances by cab between locations unless they're no further than 2km from each others.

18 Nov
Day 10: Kyoto - early start at 7am30 to evade tourists / Inari Shrine as soon as sun is up / following recommendation of Ryokan owners for sightseeing the area around Inari (also 8km from Ryokan by cab).

19 Nov
Day 11: Kyoto - early start (5am00) / Hikari 493
Kyoto 08:02 – Shin-Osaka 08:17 – Hiroshima 10:01 / Miyajima + Hiroshima daytrip with Shinkansen (3h one way) 10am arrival in Hiroshima, Peace Museum, Miyajima by Ferry, sleep on the train back (3h)
back to Kyoto around 8pm, explore Light-shows and hunt for Geishas.

20 Nov
Day 12: Check-out early (7am) train to Shinagawa / taxi to Haneda - Explore Airport.

by Carine (guest)  

reply to this thread