Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walking from Blue Pond to Shirahige Falls 2017/10/22 10:00
Hi everyone

I'll be visiting Biei in February next year and was wondering whether it's possible to walk between the two attractions in winter as buses are every 3ish hours. It's around 3.1km of flat terrain with Google estimating around 45 minutes however temperature in may range from 1 to -13. We don't have sub-zero temperatures in my country so please let me know if I'm basically signing up for a suicide mission.

Thank you!
by LetItSnow (guest)  

Re: Walking from Blue Pond to Shirahige Falls 2017/10/22 10:27
You would be following a road without dedicated walkway for pedestrians. If there is a lot of snow, I imagine that it will be difficult to walk - I think it would take over an hour. You may have to walk on the road. Traffic is not heavy, but you would still have to be careful about passing cars. I would definitely not recommend it. I personally think the "Blue Pond" is not worth such effort.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Walking from Blue Pond to Shirahige Falls 2017/10/22 10:35
I wonder what you can see of the blue pond in winter? It's nice in summer, where you actually see the blue water, but wouldn't it be all frozen in winter with snow on top of it? So I guess it just looks like a white flat extension. Not blue.

If you don't want to wait for the bus you could hire a taxi (or rental car if you feel ok driving in snow)

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread