Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Remarrying quickly problem coming back to JP 2017/10/26 09:50
Hello I'm really confused about my situation. Sorry for the long story I really need help. I was married for almost seven years to a Japanese man. I went to live with him for six months as a holiday as we was pen friends for over three years before. we got on well but he was a lot older than me. I went back to the U.K. And he came with me for holiday. He told me that we should marry because I lived with him and his family it is countryside and he would have to leave his family home because of the shame of If i left him. So I went back to Japan for another three months when I arrived I had problem as I didn't know you was only allowed 6 months to stay Japan a year. The immergration officer was going to send me back to the U.K.. but I asked him to call my ex husband. The immergration officer gave me special permission but for us to marry. The first year was wonderful but things started to become difficult. I tired really hard to change but I realized that it takes two people to make a relationship work. So I went back to the U.K. because we was having problems a two years before the divorce because of personality difference and also I cought him online on a local dating site. His mum came to U.K. To ask me to come back because I looked after his family well and he was being bad to them. I said he should come to U.K. And apologies but he didn't he asked me for a divorce then in 2016 in January. So after a period of mourning I agreed to it. I found out he had a new girlfriend. He sent the papers to me in march to sign this year. I wanted to go back to Japan to finish the divorce together and to say goodbye to my friends and collect a few of my belongings of personal value. I saved the money to go in September. In April I met another Japanese man in the U.K. who I love very much. So my plans changed when I came to Japan I stayed with him and his family. I have a marriage visa but when I come to Japan I gave to the immergration officer because I felt wrong to keep it and when I am getting divorced and also I have boyfriend. So I asked the immergration officer for the holiday visa instead and she punched a hole in the Visa card I had I thought nothing of it. Me and my boyfriend are getting on really well and he asked me to marry him he wants me to stay with him. I only have three months and now it is near the last month of the holiday/ tourist visa. And we was looking on how to change it. A woman advised us to get a copy of the divorce certificate and remove me from my ex husbands family register. Then to go to the doctors so I can say I do not carry my exes baby. After to marry. And then to apply for the visa. she said it will be hard for me to come back to japan again if we do not, even on a tourist visa they will deny me. She also said I did illegal because the card visa I did not tell the government where I was staying different address. but I told the immergration officer that I was staying at the address I am now so I didn't think that it was illegal as the visa card had a hole in it and I am on a tourist visa. I do not want bad situation with the government but also I do not want to be separate from my love. I do not have a good job for the income for him to get the visa in the U.K. And I am not qualified or smart enough to apply for a teaching job in Japan for a work visa. Please help me. Thank you (=^ェ^=)
by Confused (guest)  

Re: Remarrying quickly problem coming back to JP 2017/10/26 12:21
I don't understand what you need help with. It sounds like you took the step of canceling your old visa when you got divorced, as you should have done. You were told the documents you need to make the new application, what steps to take, and advised you to apply for the visa. So do what they said, get married, and apply for the visa. As long as you don't require any extra paperwork from your home country it can be done in a month. Then you just have to wait for the result.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Remarrying quickly problem coming back to JP 2017/10/26 12:55
The woman advised me that It will be really hard to go back to Japan if I don't get the visa now.
by Confused (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread