Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawa Gusthouse 9 Nov 2017/10/26 17:14
Hi We plan to stay a nite in Shirakawa guesthouse 9 Nov, found this website:

http://ml.shirakawa-go.org/en/accommodation/

We wish to stay in more accessible to bus stop as we travel from Kanazawa by bus, next day check out we will travel from Shirakawa to Takayama by bus.

Do you know any of the guesthouse that is not too far from bus stop so we can walk from bus stop & find our way there? Thanks!

by Coco (guest)  

Re: Shirakawa Gusthouse 9 Nov 2017/10/26 19:50
I would suggest to have a look which ones still have availability for your planned day and then check google maps about the exact location. I somewhat suspect that availability will be more an issue than distance to the bus, as Shirakawa itself is pretty small.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa Gusthouse 9 Nov 2017/10/26 20:54
Hi there, I have checked Shirakawa-go no yu has room on 9 Nov.

Now my problem is I check www.japanbusonline.com there is no bus out of Shirakawa-go to Takayama on 10 Nov (we check out on 10Nov)?

I thought transport is for both way :(

Then how do we travel out of Shirakawa-go to Takayama? If no bus out of the place, we can't even visit this place which we very much want to :(
by coco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa Gusthouse 9 Nov 2017/10/27 08:01
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa Gusthouse 9 Nov 2017/10/27 09:53
You have enough bus departures from Shirakawago to Takayama.

https://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/highwaybus/shirakawago.pdf

Are you talking about other problems?

As for accommodations, I have stayed one night at Shirakawago-no-yu. This is not a so-called ryokan or a hotel. The main attraction of this accommodation is a large comfortable onsen. It is available for any tourist paying a certain amount of charge. Its rooms are not the ones you expect ordinarily as ryokan or hotel rooms. But, this accommodation is very close to the Takayama Bus Center.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa Gusthouse 9 Nov 2017/10/27 10:11
Thanks all for your reply.

Yes I check again n again no more reserved seat for bus from Shirakawa to Takayama on 10 nov.

Some of the timing do not need to reserve but
not sure if have seats available on that day?

How does non reserve bus work?
Does that mean that we can only get bus ticket on same day to board non reserve bus?
If ticket run out we need to wait for next bus I guess then our next destination will be delay :(
by Coco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa Gusthouse 9 Nov 2017/10/27 12:29
Hi wrote to Japanbusonline & they are so prompt to reply.
Found the bus! Many Thanks all!
by coco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread