Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary for Kawaguchiko 1 day trip 2017/10/30 23:05
Hi

We will be visiting Kawaguchiko on 25th Dec 2017 from Tokyo.
We will be spending the night there.
After we arrive there from Tokyo we would like to go around.
Currently thinking to visit Lake Kawaguchiko,Chureito Pagoda,Oshino Hakkai and Iyashi no Sato.
Is it possible to visit all these places within 1 day?
If possible what will be best way to visit those places for easiest transport arrangement?
by Ethan (guest)  

Re: Itinerary for Kawaguchiko 1 day trip 2017/11/1 03:25
We will be visiting Kawaguchiko on 25th Dec 2017 from Tokyo.
We will be spending the night there.
After we arrive there from Tokyo we would like to go around.
Currently thinking to visit Lake Kawaguchiko,Chureito Pagoda,Oshino Hakkai and Iyashi no Sato.
Is it possible to visit all these places within 1 day?
If possible what will be best way to visit those places for easiest transport arrangement?

If you rent a car in Kawaguchi, then yes, it is possible to visit all in one day. Just remember there could be snow at this time thought.

If you plan on using Bus in Kawaguchi, you can probably do half your listed because the bus times are that convent. Probably harder to go to Chureito Pagoda as well. It would also depends when you get into Kawaguchi.

I have rented a car here and it makes things much easier.

I also recommend trying to get to Kawaguchi before 10am on a good weather day if possible to have the best chances to see Mt Fuji in its glory!

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for Kawaguchiko 1 day trip 2017/11/1 03:26
Sorry, That should say Bus are not convenient in Kawaguchi.
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for Kawaguchiko 1 day trip 2017/11/1 10:26
It takes about 3 hours to get to Kawaguchiko by car or train, depending on from where in Tokyo you are starting. If you are traveling alone, train will be cheaper, but as you are saying WE I assume that you are at least 2 people so it might not be that expensive to rent a car. No doubt using train and buses need a lot of research to confirm where the bus stops and when is the departure and arrival time etc. I guess it would not be possible to visit all of these places in one day though, because buses run very infrequently in this area. If you do not feel comfortable driving in Japan, use high way and navigator, you can rent a car with a driver for the whole day. It will probably cost all in all about $250 inclusive of toll road, gasoline etc. If that is an option, let me know, may be I can recommend someone.
by Adam in japan 5 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for Kawaguchiko 1 day trip 2017/11/6 02:08
How does it take 3 hours? When departing with the Fujikyu bus from Shinjuku station at 6am (for example), you would arrive at 7:49 at Kawaguchiko Station and from there on walk to the lake which isn't far away.
by Fara81 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary for Kawaguchiko 1 day trip 2017/11/6 22:44
Decided to drop Iyashi no Sato and will only visit Lake Kawaguchiko,Chureito Pagoda and Oshino Hakkai.
Thinking to go Oshino Hakkai first and follow by Lake Kawaguchiko and go to Chureito Pagoda to watch sunset.
by ethan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread