Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

6 days trip early December - questions 2017/11/2 18:17
Hi,

I am looking at booking a trip to Japan to arrive 3rd December and depart 9th December, this will be my 7th time visiting Japan, I have been to all the common and some not so common places, the reason for wanting to visit at this time is because I have never visited during Autumn.

What I want to know is, Is it likely I will be able to see any autumn colours during this week, if yes, where? And if not, where else is popular to visit during this time?

I have a choice of flying to Nagoya or Tokyo or a mixture of both in/out.

Thanks in advance.

by Rinupanu  

Re: 6 days trip early December - questions 2017/11/3 11:48
basically i think you can see japans beautiful autumn in that week. but keep in mind, it can be change, so i cannot garantee for 100%.
if you will be in tokyo, I highly recommend you to visit Shinjuku Gyoen. it is a beautiful park, even if you cannot see autumn color.
by buddy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 6 days trip early December - questions 2017/11/3 15:55
I'm not sure about Tokyo, but I have been to Nara and Kyoto a few times in the last week of November and first week of December. My experience has been that there has been plenty of colour around the 27th November but usually by 3 December the leaves are mainly red or brown. I appreciate that this is a generalisation, though, and it seems to be the cold winds that knock over the colour which might vary from year to year.

If you could get over a week before you would have a better chance of seeing full colour, I think.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread