Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

April 21 day itinerary 2017/11/16 06:54
Hi,

I'm traveling to Japan for a 3 week holiday in April 2018 but could use some help with my itinerary.

Day 1 - 3 - Tokyo
Day 4 - Lake Kawaguchi
Day 5 - 6 - Nagoya (with Ise trip?)
Day 7 - Kiso Valley
Day 8 - 9 - Takayama
Day 10 - Gujo-hachiman
Day 11 - 14 - Kyoto (with day trips to Nara and Osaka)
Day 15 - 16 - Hiroshima
Day 17 - 18 - Fukuoka
Day 19 - Tokyo via Himeji
Day 20 - Tokyo
Day 21 - Home

I'm not sure about days 5 to 10. Is this the easiest way to do these locations? I was thinking that Kiso Valley could be a day trip from Nagoya, is that the case? I would like to try and avoid moving hotels everyday.

Is Fukuoka worth a visit? I've never been before, is it a good place to explore for a few days? (I've been to Nagasaki and Beppu before and I'm not interested in going back)
by silhouette (guest)  

Re: April 21 day itinerary 2017/11/16 10:14
"I was thinking that Kiso Valley could be a day trip from Nagoya, is that the case? "

Kisa valley can be easily done from Nagoya. I wrote a blog about my day. You can find it here:

https://yolo-solo.com/en/kiso-valley/

Ron
by cyclopsje rate this post as useful

Re: April 21 day itinerary 2017/11/16 16:04
The answer regarding Fukuoka is as with many of these things, it depends on what you want to do. There is plenty to do for a couple of days at least. I spent nearly a week there earlier this year & when it wasnt raining it was very pleasant. Highlights for me were Dazaifu, yatai and Uminonakamichi seaside park. While I would happily go back there I, and this will not come as a surprise to those who have read my posts here, might consider going somewhere on the Seto sea instead.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: April 21 day itinerary 2017/11/16 16:40
Gujo-Hachiman is better accessed buy train from Nagoya. Not sure where you are coming from, but it looks like Takayama.

Unless someone knows of a bus between Takayama and Hachiman?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: April 21 day itinerary 2017/11/16 18:52
Kisa valley can be easily done from Nagoya. I wrote a blog about my day. You can find it here: https://yolo-solo.com/en/kiso-valley/

Thank you, that was really useful. We will do it as a day trip from Nagoya.

The answer regarding Fukuoka is as with many of these things, it depends on what you want to do.There is plenty to do for a couple of days at least...

Thanks, it's good to know there is plenty to do. I'm just not sure on whether it would be better to add an extra day to Nagoya and Kyoto to slow down the pace of the trip. Tough call.

Gujo-Hachiman is better accessed buy train from Nagoya. Not sure where you are coming from, but it looks like Takayama.

Ah! Ok so it's better to go Nagoya - Gujo - Takayama - Kyoto (via Nagoya)
by silhouette (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: April 21 day itinerary 2017/11/16 22:17
I would add the extra days & take the slower pace. There are plenty of places you can day trip to from either base if the mood takes. Hikone for instance https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7000.html 40 minutes from Nagoya
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread