Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Immigration info 2017/11/16 13:54
hello every body
i have a question if some1 could answer me if i will get 1 year visa As a spouse of nisei and in japan if my wife will not do job and i will do job so i can to change my status to be my own gurantor

thanks
by Malik9  

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/17 17:16
Your question is a bit difficult to parse without punctuation. Do I understand correctly that you are the spouse of a Japanese born American or Canadian but she doesn't work but you do and you're wondering who will be the spouse visa guarantor?
First of all, does your wife have the Japanese nationality? Being nisei doesn't guarantee that. If she has the Japanese nationality can can apply for a spouse visa but you cannot sponsor that visa yourself. Anyway, reach out to the Japanese embassy to get important questions about your future in Japan answered instead of relying on a forum.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/17 20:29
thanks for your reply and sorry for my English

so she dont have japanese nationalty
she is brazilion born nisei she have three year visa i have 1 year
by Malik9 rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/17 20:31
i am spuse of japanese child and yes she is not working thats why i asked if i can to be gurantor for my self or its impossoble

thanks

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/17 22:33
OK,
She doesn't have Japanese nationality and is here on a work visa. So for current purposes, she is a foreigner. She may be able to get Long Term Resident status, but she may not.

Anyway, spouse visa is off the cards - she's not Japanese. So, if you get a visa through her, it would be "Dependent", and it would limit you to 28 hours of work per week. If you are suitably qualified, and you have the right qualifications, you may be able to get your own work visa. Then you can work more than 28 hours per week.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/17 22:39
thanks for ur response
my other question is
if she want to go back in brazil and have good job for her there have any problem for me in japan as a spouse of her and if she must need to be with me on immigration when i will renew my visa?

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 00:05
What kind of visa do you have currently? Dependent visa or some other visa? I think this would help to understand your situation.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 00:11
I am on dependent visa

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 00:38
Please donft mind buddy Malik but your case looks totally fraud to me
You married some who is on a visa but does not have a job and does not want to live in Japan with you but you want to stay and work in Japan
If I read between lines, it seems she got her marriage money and want to go back to her country now
If I was visa officer I would reject the case in 10 secs
by Donft mind (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 00:43
No sir I dont mind
sorry for cannot to explaind things clear because of poor Englsih

My wife is teacher in brazil so in brazil she have more good job then japan thats why i asked if she can go back and have problem for me
there is nothing fraud we are married 5 years ago living together just trying to understand japan immigration law its very difficult and also new here

again thanks for your response

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 00:46
Me And my wife came in japan together she was not living in japan before
you can Ask me any thing if you have doubt about my case situation

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 00:50
we are trying to understand law and to get suggestion she dont have plan to go back her country yet but its better if she will go ..

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 06:33
It is very easy.

You are on a dependent visa. If your wife leaves Japan, so do you.

Or you can apply for a different visa that make you independent from your wife.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 06:40
hy Hakata thanks for your response

so as you said if she will leave will i have any issue if she will not live with me

and if i can to be my own gurantor ?

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 06:41
how can i apply independent visa
any 1 have same experience?

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 08:16
I was on dependent visa. Then I found a full time job and the company prepared the papers needed for my own work visa. So now I am on my own work visa independent of my husband. It took about 1 month to change the visa.
BUT, in order to be able to do this you need:
1) a company that wants to hire you (possibly the one where you already work)
2) YOU need to be eligible for a visa. Only for certain types of work visa exist. The homepage of the ministry explains it. So for example if you have a university degree eg as an engineer and get an engineer work, you would be eligible. Or if you have long work experience as a cook, you could get a visa to work as a cook.

In order for you to get your own visa, YOU need to qualify for it. At this point if you are married or not and where your wife lives becomes irrelevant.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 08:47
thank you so much its will help me lot

Re: Immigration info 2017/11/18 10:05
I should follow up.
IF your wife qualifies for Long Term Resident visa (this is a big IF - she'll need to talk to the Embassy or an Immigration lawyer), then you may also be able to get the same Long Term Resident visa. At that point, you are essentially free to work.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

reply to this thread