Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fall foliage - Kyoto area 2017/11/27 22:38
Hi - since I am 75 and my wife 70 and not in best of health would love to experience fall foliage in Kyoto area - BUT whilst it is still relatively warm. Realise that will not give us the most intense colours, but hey something has to give in any compromise. So best fall foliage with warmest possible weather??
by Merlin75  

Re: Fall fwoliage - Kyoto area 2017/11/28 11:56
Now. Or a week or two earlier.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Fall foliage - Kyoto area 2017/11/28 16:12
depends on year, but now in mid-Now there was very little red colour leaves in Kyoto. In some temples only.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fall foliage - Kyoto area 2017/11/28 17:05
PLease define grelatively warmh.

For example today in Kyoto wheather was max 18C, min 6C and sunny. Tomorrow similar but rainy, so will feel colder.

Per momiji forecast fall foliage in Kyoto right now is good.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Fall foliage - Kyoto area 2017/11/30 00:23
Thanks for your advice - greatly appreciated. Thought we might try and take in the Jidai-Matsuri Festival on October 22nd. Has anyone been - and enjoyed it?
by Merlin75 rate this post as useful

Re: Fall foliage - Kyoto area 2017/11/30 21:01
Thanks for your advice - greatly appreciated. Thought we might try and take in the Jidai-Matsuri Festival on October 22nd. Has anyone been - and enjoyed it?

Free guides in Kyoto 2017/11/30 21:29
Anyone used any of the free guide services in Kyoto and can recommend one?

Re: Fall foliage - Kyoto area 2017/12/1 08:48
I saw the parade of the Jidai-Matsuri Festival back in 2014. I wasn't wowed by it. Just a nice parade with heritage costumes and vehicles within it. Decide from the 1000s of pictures online whether it is for you or not.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread