Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel by the ocean 2017/11/29 20:28
Hi
A few years ago I stayed in a hotel by the ocean on the spanish island if Gran Canaria. I am really big fan of watching the ocean so I thought if there are any interesting areas by the ocean that offer ocean view and have some kind of accommodation. Prefered not in such a big city as Tokyo etc (which is located by the sea as far as I know).

I know the area of Tosashimizu by Kochi as I plan to visit Kochi while in Japan.
by Mioo (guest)  

Re: Hotel by the ocean 2017/11/30 10:54
If you are OK to rent a car, there is a ryokan called Lamp No Yado on the Noto peninsula that looks spectacular. I havent been there, but it is on my list. Also Matsushima Bay near Sendai (north of Tokyo) looks great. We were booked into a place there but didnt get to go due to the events of 2010 - it is also on my list.

One place we have stayed at a few times is Iwamotoro Honkan at Enoshima. Enoshima is a little island off Kamakura (joined by bridge), near Tokyo. It is a lovely place and the ryokan is great with nice baths. The views are over the bay where the trawlers go out to sea, and you can see Mt Fuji in the morning. The island also has cliffs and hawks and squirrels and cats and caves and dragons and shrines and a garden and a lighthouse and shops, so there is essentially something for everyone in easy walking distance. It is massively underrated IMO though apparently it is busy in summer.

If you are in Kyushu, we stayed at Mizuno ryokan at Karatsu which is essentially at sea level on a bay with the rooms looking out, and just down the road from the castle. It was an excellent ryokan, lovely rooms, great baths. The seafood was spectacular.

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel by the ocean 2017/11/30 15:14
Lucky for you Japan consists of many islands. You won't have trouble finding one.

A lot of people rate http://www.hotelurashima.co.jp/en/. I can't vouch for it personally because we stayed elsewhere when we were there.

The Seto Island sea may be of interest to you. We stayed at a nice hotel with ocean views on Shodoshima but there should be plenty of similar places.

How far are you willing to travel and which season?
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel by the ocean 2017/11/30 16:18
by RSC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel by the ocean 2017/12/1 01:18
Japan has 29,751 km of coastline according to Wikipedia. Nearly every prefecture has multiple cities and towns on the coast. Your question is far too general. Do a little research and narrow it down to some specific areas if you want a constructive answer.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread