Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 00:05
I'll be travelling as follows
11/12 - arriving Osaka afternoon
12/12 - visit Kyoto - Gion and Fushimi Inari and back to Osaka
13/12 - Osaka to Tokyo
14/12 - Disney
15/12 - fly from Tokyo to Sapporo - Otaru
16/12 - Ski area around Sapporo
17/12 - fly home

please advice .. basically I have 2 nites at each Osaka, Tokyo, and Sapporo
thanks
by joe (guest)  

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 12:56
Way too busy. Drop one area (e.g. only do Tokyo/Sapporo, or Kansai/Kyoto).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 12:56
Sorry, I meant Kansai/Tokyo for the latter example!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 14:50
Basically I agree with / (guest), but I guess you have already bought the flight ticket to KIX and from CTS and booked the accommodations so you can't change your itinerary. If so, your best bet for long distance travel (from Osaka to Tokyo and Tokyo to Sapporo) would be flights.

I checked ANA's website and found the fare from Itami (in Osaka, not KIX where you should land on Japan) to Haneda is 69.5 USD

https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/rei21c/international_asw/pages/revenue/searc...

while Haneda to CTS (Sapporo) is 98.71 USD.

https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/rei11d/international_asw/pages/revenue/searc...

You can buy these ticket online. Note that your time is limited.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 15:27
I totally agree with previous posters that your schedule is way too busy, but from your question I gather that you are determined on this schedule.
Regarding transportation the answer is East: Shinkansen between Osaka and Tokyo, normal trains for travel in Osaka/Kyoto and Tokyo, flight to Chitose airport (probably best from Haneda rather than Narita unless your hotel in Tokyo is towards Chiba, train from Chitose to Otaru. For your ski resort that depends on the specific ski resort. Google maps or hyperdia will help you there.

I personally canft see how your trip can be enjoyable, but wishing you a nice trip anyway.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 15:34
Thanks for your aanswer... so would it be worth it for me to buy JR pass
by Joe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 15:47
Thanks for your aanswer... so would it be worth it for me to buy JR pass

No. Japan Rail Pass is (in your case 7 day JR pass) 29110 yen which is about 10000 yen more expensive than the sum of Osaka/Tokyo and Tokyo/Sapporo transportation cost.

And sorry, the link I posted does not work. I think you must do the search by yourself, but the price I wrote should be correct.

https://www.ana.co.jp/asw/wws/us/e/

You might better change the country to where you are from.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 17:58
frog1954 is our one of the Best Friend.With Due respect to him,I think, you must Buy JR nationwide pass.otherwise you cant go Sapporo/Otaru .If your Departing Flight From Narita or Kansai,It will be Headache to go Osaka Sapporo(via Tokyo) and return Sapporo Osaka(via Tokyo).Without this JR pass,Even we thousands of Foreigners dont want to explore further distance like Sapporo .So our arrival and Departing point is Kansai,And we Buy one way ticket to explore osaka,If maximum,, than explore kansai.But Japan has a lot of place to offer.Whatever money you invest on JR pass,it is never consider to spend.This wiill give you Lifelong Memories.

by Ron (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 19:04
I don't understand what the previous responses message is trying to convey.

But with your limited time you have. I wouldn't be planning on using trains for 7 hour trips when a plane could do it in 3 hours.

I just get local passes for your local travel. And use a plane to get between the bigger cities.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/6 19:30
Very busy. But if this is for next week, I assume you have everything booked.

Then all you can do is use local train transport between Osaka and Kyoto, then a one-way JR Shinkansen ticket from Osaka (Shin-Osaka) to Tokyo, again local train to Disney (I don't know where in Tokyo you are staying), etc., without any pass or whatsoever for your transport.
by ........ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: effective transport in japan 2017/12/7 00:28
Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I have booked the flight for next week. And i will be staying around shimbashi area.
by Joe (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread