Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/6 01:33
Do you know any Buffet restaurant which offer Fruit viking in Tokyo.As well as only "wine/sake" tabehoudai in Tokyo.We are waiting For your valuable information.
by Dev (guest)  

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/6 11:56
"tabehodai" means "all you can eat" but sake and wine are both beverages.

Are you looking for places with an all-you-can-eat buffet, and that also serve wine and/or sake?

Are you looking for places with an all-you-can-eat buffet, that also have plans for open-bar wine and/or sake?

Or are you looking for places that have open-bar wine and/or sake plans, regardless of whether they have a buffet?
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/6 15:33
Watch out for the old folk. They can be brutal in these all you can eat places.

They will nudge you ever so effortlessly out of line without even making eye contact as if you were invisible.

Morals, social harmony go out the window in such places.

Enjoy what little is left;)
by Jin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/6 15:47
I did it know about any fruit Viking. In Japan in general not a lot of fruit gets eaten, at least compared the other countries.

Regarding drinking, a lot of restaurants, specially the ones with tabehodai (but not only) will also have nomihodai, which means all you can drink. WHAT you can drink depends on each place, so just ask if there is nomihodai and aak them to show you the menu what is included. In my experience it is expected that you also eat. No need to take tabehodai (depending on the restaurant).

Regarding elderly or problems of getting your food in tabehodai, it depends on the place, but a lot of tabehodai will serve your food at the table.

With both tabe and nomihodai it is often expected that you finish your plate/glass before ordering the next.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/6 17:28
Sorry some misspelling: g
I DO NOT know about any fruit Vikingh

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/6 17:35
https://retrip.jp/articles/5056/

There are ten restaurants listed where you can eat fruit tabe houdai.

Senbikiya might be the popular one but it is written that you must make reservation previously.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/9 13:08
Are you looking for places with an all-you-can-eat buffet, and that also serve wine and/or sake?

Well, I guess we'll never know....

Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/9 16:25
Thanks everyone including biwakoman.Friend Umami Dearest,Thanks For explanation.In My religion,
pork,wine/sake is totally Forbidden,But I am curious,Either nomihodai wine is possible or not.
Because I drink normal cold drinks unlimited time with Buffet item.
by Dev (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/10 11:36
Yes, there are nomihodai wine and nomihodai sake plans.

Generally if sake is included in a nomihodai plan it will be a pretty ordinary sake, but there are a few places like Yamachan in Shinjuku that serve an open bar with premium sake: http://bento.com/rev/4609.html

If wine is included in a nomihodai plan it's usually just house wine, but this Italian restaurant in Yotsuya has a pretty decent selection of wines in an open-bar, serve-yourself arrangement: http://bento.com/rev/1293.html

Re: Fruit viking in Tokyo 2017/12/10 16:42
I donft really understand why you ask for sake/wine nomihodai if you actually canft drink it. If you are concerned that you need to pay for a full nomihodai but only drink soft drinks, in many places (with nomihodai) there exists a soft drink nomihodai at a much discounted price. Alternatively you can also simply not take a nomihodai and just order your drinks 1-by-1. Water is free in Japan.

reply to this thread