Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I did not tell immigration that I divorced 2017/12/13 15:41
I have marriage visa for 3 years . I divorce 1 year ago and I didnft know that I should go to immigration and inform them . Now I worried what will happened with me ? Can they deported me becose of this ? Somebody have the same situation ?
by maxlove  

Re: I did not tell immigration that I divorced 2017/12/13 17:37
Can they deported me becose of this ?

No. At most, you can be fined 200,000 yen.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: I did not tell immigration that I divorced 2017/12/13 20:23
The same thing happened to me. My Japanese wife divorced me right after I renewed my spouse visa , which was good for three years.

I didnft know youfre supposed to inform immigration of divorce and I stayed on that visa for nearly three after my divorce.

When I went to apply for a new type of visa 3 months before my spouse visa expired, immigration told me I should have informed them two weeks after my divorce but they still gave me a long term resident visa. No fine, nothing.

But that may have been because I had custody of my young child from my previous marriage and I remarried and my current wife is a permanent resident and acted as my gaurenter.

Ifm sure youfll be fine. Just tell immigration you didnft know.
by Divorced Guy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: I did not tell immigration that I divorced 2017/12/14 17:15
This is related case by case.
Some get some challenge at the immigration other just have luck.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: I did not tell immigration that I divorced 2017/12/15 15:53
I believe this is the matter important enough to spend some money and consult with immigration attorney to protect your best interests.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread