Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/20 02:16
I will go to nagano area,can u advised the best place between magome,tsumago and narai to visit.
just to spend 1 day from nagoya to nagano.
by CHE RAWAIDA  

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/20 15:47
The walk between Magome and Tsumago is the obvious choice.

Can you provide us with the research you've already done to give us a clearer idea of what you're asking? Also a rough budget, what you like to do/see as a traveller, etc.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/20 23:24

The walk between Magome and Tsumago is the obvious choice.

My experience only, this is the most disappointing walk ever in my Japan trips .
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/21 01:57
... well, it is not a hike, but both Tsumago and Magome are nice small villages and to have an opportunity for a short walk between the two is also nice.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/21 04:08
The walk is fine if you dont have high expectations. it doesnt "feel" historical, it is just a nice walk.

I preferred the walk at Karuizawa to the lookout because I wasnt expecting anything.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/21 11:25

a short walk between the two is also nice

8.5 Km took me 3 hours, a "short"? but long boring walk.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/21 15:59
I would not call it boring... For us it took 5 hours, including picnic and enjoying autumn colours. Nice day in nature.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/21 16:55
What season will you be visiting in? The hike between the towns can be a bit dangerous when there's snow
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: magome, tsumago, narai 2017/12/22 18:01
Between Magome, Tsumago, and Narai is basically just other Nakasendo Post Towns, like Kiso-Fukushima. The area is nice, but the area's tourism is dominated by historic streets and Nakasendo trail-walking. If it interests you, it is worth visiting the other posts. Otherwise, Nagano is not that far, so you might want to just move on.
by Sih (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread