Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Recommended time for Ishigaki 2017/12/22 05:42
Hello!
I was thinking of visiting Ishigaki flying in from Tokyo. As I was thinking of using an air pass and I saw there are flights from Haneda leaving as early as around 6.30, arriving around 10 in the morning. There are late departures back to Tokyo as well.

Anyway. I plan on exploring by rental car for at least one day to the areas hard to access by bus and by bus to less distant areas. I also plan on doing a daytrip to the Taketomi island.

How much time would you recommend for Ishigaki?
by Urukai (guest)  

Re: Recommended time for Ishigaki 2017/12/22 17:39
I can't answer this question (yet), but I've found a large number of bus tours that covers Ishigaki and Takitomi in one day. Unless it's major typhoon season, Iriomote is meant to be a major fantastic destination to visit.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Recommended time for Ishigaki 2017/12/25 13:53
I spent four nights on Ishigaki and thought it was a nice amount of time for a relaxing vacation, but I could have condensed it into less. I would say at least one day for Kabira bay/visiting a couple of beaches, one day for Taketomi, and if you have more time, you could consider Iriomote.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommended time for Ishigaki 2017/12/25 14:58
Why only daytrip to Taketomi? Plenty of nice minshuku there, and a great night sky.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread