Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus and Alp route from Kyoto 2017/12/26 16:16
Dear Sir,

I planned to travel 11~18 April 2018 from Tokyo-Kyoto-Tateyama Alp route-Tokyo. I haven't decided to buy JR rail pass because it doesn't cover Alp route. If you don't mind, can you provide details suggestion of day passes for cities and overnight high way bus from Tokyo-kyoto, Kyoto to Alp route then way back Alp route to Tokyo. After Kyoto trip, I planned to leave 15th to city nearby Alp route, overnight there to avoid the crowd at early morning to start Alp route.

1) Where should I stay since I am budget solo traveller.
2) Do you think should be okay to take high way bus to cover the cities?
3) What is overnight high way bus do you recommend? Willer?
4) What is the city destination should I choose to book high way bus from Kyoto to Alp route? Toyama or Nagano?
5) Since Alp route is one way, What is the station should I start and end? Which station will be collection of bag deliver service before depart to Tokyo?

Thanks,
PT
by Phyu The (guest)  

Re: Bus and Alp route from Kyoto 2017/12/26 19:50
If coming from Kyoto, then aiming for Toyama would be best.

Alpine route IS NOT one way. If you are planning your itinerary because of this fact, you may re-plan knowing the Alpine route is bi-directional.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus and Alp route from Kyoto 2017/12/27 00:48
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread