Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Subway Pass 72-hours 2018/1/8 01:04
Hello everyone! On March, I have planned an 8-day trip to Tokyo.. While I was doing my research on transportation etc, I saw that the longest subway pass is valid for 72-hours. Since we will stay for more than 3 days, is it possible to purchase multiple passes, in order to validate the second pass after the first one expires??
by panagiotisdoum  

Re: Tokyo Subway Pass 72-hours 2018/1/8 11:55
That should be possible. But do you really plan to use the subway lines that much to justify buying those passes? You could buy a prepaid card (either SUICA or PASMO) that covers Japan Rail trains, subways (two companies), and other private railway companies' lines in/around Tokyo as well, at no discount but convenient.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Subway Pass 72-hours 2018/1/8 12:57
The subways don't go everywhere, and aren't always the most convenient option, so make sure you check your itinerary to see if the pass/es is/are cost-effective.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Subway Pass 72-hours 2018/1/8 14:00
Hey,

I would totally recommend this pass, I bought the 72 hr pass aswel combined with the Skyliner Ticket when I was last in Tokyo in 2016, planning to go back soon.

During my whole trip of Tokyo I used the subways, it goes to almost all the places you can think off, here and there it might be a few minutes walk from a certain station to a landmark, but that's okay as u get to see many things while walking.

Multiple passes can be bought, I think I used about 3 of the 72 hr. passes while I was in Tokyo as its really good value for money, my first one I bought at Narita, the others I bought at LAOX in Akihabara, as u can only buy them at certain stores and places in Tokyo.

There are certain areas that cant be accessed by the subway, like Odaiba I had to pay separate, but that was okay.

People do mention that a pasmo or suica card should be used, but to me the more u scan that card traveling will add up depending how much times u use the train, so all in all, for 72hrs on the subway u are really saving a good amount of money.

hope my advise helps a bit, and have a awesome trip to Tokyo.

There are so much to see, you will probably have to plan another trip back...lol
by Frankie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Subway Pass 72-hours 2018/1/8 18:04
Although you can buy two or more than cards,
but you can not buy the second card at subway station in Tokyo.
Read official web all.
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/

Frankie mentioned one is "set type" by another railway company "Keisei".
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/subway...
But validity of subway sections and real card is also same, no different.
by R-07 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Subway Pass 72-hours 2018/1/8 21:19
Just buy one first, if you are using the skyliner you can also get it as a package cheaper, see if you really going to use it, as someone has mentioned, they don't go everywhere, but if you really need a second one, BIC Camera sells them as long as you are a tourist with a passport.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread