Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/8 23:30
Hello! Me and my wife are planning to visit japan on March 22-30, 2018. We are going to celebrate our 1st year anniversary in Japan but I am not familiar with the good places and exciting things to do in japan. Can somebody suggest a good itinerary for us? we will be arriving and departing to Nagoya airport. My wife wants to see the cherry blossoms (I am not sure where to see that during that time) and the Dog "hachiko" then after that we don't know where to go. We are a young couple and would love to do things like hot air balloon etc. Any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks in advance! Godbless!
by Jordan (guest)  

Re: romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/9 10:53
What you need is a travel agent. This forum is not for people to plan your trip for you.

There are some suggested itineraries under "Plan a Trip" in the top bar. Look at those. Do some more of your own research - read around this website, read some guidebooks, decide what sounds good to you.

You need to get started ASAP is you want to travel in two months' time. You should already be booking accommodation!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/9 11:57
The dog "Hachiko" means Shibuya in Tokyo. Things like hot air balloon requires spacious place, and as far as I know Hokkaido is the only area where that is done a lot, but this requires a domestic flight.

Since you have only 9 days including the flight days, please read the suggested itineraries, read the travel guide for different cities, and select according to your interests. Also check the past cherry blossom posts to see where (or whether) you are likely to encounter them blooming. Enjoy planning (but yes plan very soon) and traveling!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/9 12:38
https://www.asoview.com/leisure/act0005/

There is a list of the places you can try the hot balloon
though you must use web translator.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/9 12:56
Look up Go Karting in Tokyo you can drive on the streets around Tokyo for 2 hours for as little as $100 best fun you can have sitting down
by diviva rate this post as useful

Re: romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/9 14:27
I saw people doing that dressed up as storm troopers. Looked awesome!

For a bit of a romantic place, try one of the classic hotels - Tokyo Station Hotel in Tokyo (expensive but very nice, I wouldnt stay more than a night because the area is boring but the breakfast is beyond belief), Hotel Kanaya at Nikko - in march you might get snow if that is a novelty for you, and the hotel is awesome) or Nara Hotel at Nara (a 100 year old hotel, stay in the old wing). Each of these hotels was built between about 1880 and 1930 from memory (Tokyo Station has had a major rebuild so it doesnt have as much old character as the others) so they have the red carpet and timber and bronze, it is like being on the Titanic minus the iceberg.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/13 22:36
How about Kamakura? There are traditional temples and shrines and you can walk along the mountain path that the samurai used while watching the scenery.I also went with my bride before I got married with a very good feeling. Yokohama and Tokyo are also close.
by Fumiya30 rate this post as useful

Re: romantic yet exciting itinerary for newlywed 2018/1/14 08:00
Kyushu and Hokkaido are the main locations for hot air ballooning. but since you are arr/dep Nagoya. You are about 1000km from both. So omit than activity.

Since you are arr/dep Nagoya and only have a short under of days. I'd probably not worry about the dog in Shibuya/Tokyo also. I'd do Takayama, Shirakawago, Kanazawa and Kyoto.

As above respondents have noted. You have left this very late and last week of March and first week of April are one of the busiest times in Japan due to cherry blossom season. I would start booking your accommodation now. You have probably already missed out on the cheaper and/or better accommodations. So maybe it might be worth planing a trip around what accommodations you find.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread