Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Freepass Query 2018/1/17 10:59
Hi, My family is planning to spend 2 days in Hakone. We will be travelling from Nagoya to Odawara, overnight in Hakone next day travelling to Shinjuku.
1)Can I buy the HaKone Freepass from Odawara to Shinjuku or do better to puchase two way back to Shinjuku ?
2) Alternatively we use the Liimited EXpress Romancer Super Hakone back to Shinjuku.?
Which way works out cheaper?
We do not intend to buy the JR pass for this trip.

Many thanks.
by JOANNE SIEW (guest)  

Re: Hakone Freepass Query 2018/1/18 16:10
I would suggest taking the shinkansen from Nagoya to Odawara, and then buying the Hakone FreePass there. That will get you back to Odawara, and you can purchase a separate ticket to Shinjuku (possibly on the RomanceCar, but that is more expensive).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Freepass Query 2018/1/18 16:13
The freepass give you one travel direction free from Shinjuku. So it wont matter which way you do it. As they should work out the save value.

Although I'm doubtful they'll sell you the included return trip version at Odawara. So you decision would be made for you.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Freepass Query 2018/1/18 16:39
Hakone kamakura pass From odakyu with its Free Get On,Get off entire Network satisfied My wife and children.So you can consider this pass.it also valid on Highway Bus,Local Bus,ropeway,Boat,cable car .
by pamel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Freepass Query 2018/1/18 16:39
Hakone kamakura pass From odakyu with its Free Get On,Get off entire Network satisfied My wife and children.So you can consider this pass.it also valid on Highway Bus,Local Bus,ropeway,Boat,cable car .
by pamel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Freepass Query 2018/1/19 01:20
From Odawara, the regular Odakyu line train for Shinjuku is only 880 yen. The "Romancecar" is not that special, and is an extra charge on the Hakone pass anyway. it just is a direct train from Hakone-Yumoto that doesn't stop in Odawara. Since you don't transfer, it saves about 20 minutes. If you really don't want to have to transfer, a 1-way romancecar from Hakone is 2080 yen, but personally, I would just take the easy transfer and use that money for lunch.

So, I would just travel to Odawara from Nagoya. Buy the regular Hakone Free Pass. When you are done in Hakone, travel back to Odawara using your free pass, get off the train, and then purchase a regular one-way fare on the Odakyu Odawara Line Express to Shinjuku. Should only be 4000 + 880 yen.

by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread