Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is solo travel to Ainokura possible to do? 2018/1/17 21:48
Hello
I planned to spend a night in the village of Ainokura on 27 Jan. Initially I was going with a male friend (I'm female) but he might not be able to come. What do you think about going there alone, since it is quite a remote place and i heard winter weather is quite harsh. Traveling alone, I'm quite concerned about safety in the journey.
Thank you.
by Dita (guest)  

Re: Is solo travel to Ainokura possible to do? 2018/1/18 16:38
the question is more, if you are able to drive to there through the snow or not, rather then the question of being female alown. from point of being female, there is nothing to worry about.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Is solo travel to Ainokura possible to do? 2018/1/18 20:00
Traveling alone as a women in Japan is no problem at all. I have just come back from a 2 months solo bicycle tour through Japan (staying in hotels) an had no problems. Nor did I have any while living here.

Ainokura is for me the nicest of the Gassho villages, so if you hav the chance to visit or even better to stay, take it!

However snow obviously can be a problem, but it would be regardless of how many people you are going with. However consider, that there are also people simply living in Ainokura or close by villages, so the region is reachable.

If you plan to go by car, be prepared for winter driving. If by bus... wefll then no problem.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Is solo travel to Ainokura possible to do? 2018/1/19 01:51
If you're not use to driving in the snow, I would just make sure you can arrange to take the bus. It's not that expensive and will give you peace of mind since the bus driver has definitely done this route before.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread