Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

4 free days from tokyo, where to go? 2018/1/22 00:22
Hello

I'm going to Tokyo for a work trip this week and will have 4 free days from Friday through till Monday night and am flying back home on Tuesday morning from Haneda. I'm trying to pull together a last minute itinerary, but I'm less sure about what to do given the time constraints (4 nights) and time of year (weather). So would appreciate some help. I don't have any particular budget constraints (outside of anything insane). I'm also travelling on my own, so any events you can recommend to meet people would be great. This is my first time to Japan.

I'm thinking of doing one day and night in Kyoto? Do you think that's worth it given the time I have, or should I just stick to Tokyo?

Accommodation wise, I was just going to go with a capsule hotel (except in kyoto if i went there), but could do something more around 7-10k yen a night if worth it for another type of hotel?

thanks for any help.
by Zee (guest)  

Re: 4 free days from tokyo, where to go? 2018/1/22 12:30
I would just stick to Tokyo. Maybe add Hakone if that interests you. This website has plenty to find in the Tokyo section. Browse it and find four days worth of stuff to do.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: 4 free days from tokyo, where to go? 2018/1/22 12:52
If you have never been in Tokyo just sightsee Tokyo with a daytrip to Kamakura if the weather is fine.
If you are more interested in ancient Japan, then I would spend the entire 4 days in Kyoto with eventually a day trip to Nara.
Regarding hotel your budget is quite small. So maybe only something like Toyoko inn will be in this price range. Unless you go for capsule hotel. Note that many are for male visitors only. And often are not used for multiple day stays but by drunken Japanese who missed the last train.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 4 free days from tokyo, where to go? 2018/1/22 13:49
It depends on your interests. YOu could stay in Tokyo and maybe go to Kamakura or Nikko for temples and history, or to Hakone/Izu for a bit of nature. Please read the Travel section to see what interests you.

For hotels, check "business hotels," the likes of Toyoko Inn. They have small but decent rooms, not cramped like capsule hotel.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 4 free days from tokyo, where to go? 2018/1/22 20:42
Like hakata14,I would just stick to Tokyo.
You can Go Tokyo Disneyland,Fuji Q Highland,Arakawa Yuen, Hanayashiki Amusement Park, Joypolis, Motopia ,Musashi no Mura, Muscle Park, Namco Namja Town, Lake Sagami Pleasure Forest, Sanrio Puroland, Seibu-en, Tobu Animal Park,Tokyo Dome City Attractions (Koraku-en), Yokohama Cosmo World, Yomiuriland,Kodomonokuni Theme Park etc etc
You can visit any one or two From above Theme Park .
After Departing Japan,This will give you Lifelong Memories.
by Roy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread