Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

14 Day Itinerary 2018/1/22 02:11
Hi all, and thanks in advance for your advice!
Here's my preliminary itinerary for 14 nights:

Arrive NRT June 30th 4 adults
Stay in Shinjuku area 6 nights
2 separate day trips (Hakone and Yokohama)
This leaves 3 full days to explore Tokyo

Depart for Kyoto Friday, July 6th
Stay in Kyoto 6 nights with day trip to at least Osaka (open to other day trips)

Depart Kyoto for Hiroshima/Miyajima Thursday, July 12th
Stay on Miyajima in a ryokan for 2 nights
Visit Mazda factory and Peace Museum

Depart Miyajima/Hiroshima for Osaka KIX airport Saturday, July 14th
Flight is evening time

How does this look? Only switching accommodations thrice is very appealing to me.

Would a JR Pass be recommended and to be activated upon leaving Tokyo for Kyoto? Or because we're flying open jaw, would it even be needed?

I chose to put Hiroshima/Miyajima on the tail end (versus before Kyoto) primarily due to the Mazda factory being open M thru F. It will also be nice to relax on the island before flying home.
by Melbry (guest)  

Re: 14 Day Itinerary 2018/1/22 12:02
Hi!

if it were me, I would probably look into the JR West Kansai to Hiroshima Pass, though if you want to take the shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin-Osaka rather than a Limited Express or Special Rapid it will be additional. The pass is 13,500 and covers 5 days. You start it on July 11th so it is valid for the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th. So the total for the pass and the fare from Tokyo to Kyoto would be around ~ 26,580.

I tried to also calculate it using one ticket with stopovers and no pass and it would be ~20,620 yen from Tokyo to Hiroshima with a 5 night stop over allowed in Kyoto, but it would be an additional 11,270 yen to get back to KIX from Hiroshima for a total of 31,890.

With the Kansai-Hirohima pass you would have the option to take a longer day trip from Kyoto on the 11th or 12th like Okayama or Himeji or Kinosaki or Tottori or Takamatsu or Shirahama or well... lots of options.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: 14 Day Itinerary 2018/1/22 12:09
Oops I must be getting sleepy. You start it on the 10th and use the pass for the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th and could use it for day trips the 10th and 11th, should you want.

Sorry, about that!
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread