Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan travel queries 2018/1/22 20:13
Hi Guys!

I am travelling to Japan for the first time in April. My itinerary includes- Tokyo( 5 days), Kyoto(3 days) and Osaka( 2 days). I have already booked my round trip flights, all my airbnb's and one day trip to Fuji and its surrounding area's. I am also planning to visit Nara for a day trip .I believe in trying out street foods rather then enjoying the luxury of fancy restaurants. I am going to rely mainly on JR pass( 7 days) to hop from one place to another and pasmo pass for local Tokyo travels. Since I will be traveling alone, I have only two concerns- A) Is 1000000 Yen ample enough for a solo traveler to enjoy Japan to the core along with moderate shopping? and B) How safe id Japan as I have occasionally come across incidences of frequent groping cases in subways.?

Please ease me by replying to my queries... Thanx a tonn
by Beemo  

Re: Japan travel queries 2018/1/23 13:19
A) Is 1000000 Yen ample enough for a solo traveler to enjoy Japan to the core along with moderate shopping?

Yes. But you can calculate for yourself. You already know the price for your accommodation, flight and JR pass. Substrat that from your budget and you should be left with a considerable amount of money. Add about 3000 Yen per day for entrance tickets (often you might spend less, unless you go to places like Disney land), add 5000 - 7000 Yen per day for food. (You could eat for much less) and 1000 Yen for additional transportation (this is also a rather high estimate as you have JR pass for most of your trip). You should see that you will need to have considerable shopping to spend all your money.

B) How safe id Japan as I have occasionally come across incidences of frequent groping cases in subways.?
japan is incredibly safe. This doesnft say that there might be the very occasional stupid person , but as groping is severely punished in Japan, cases have dropped drastically. In some subway lines there are also women only cars in morning rush hour. Outside of rush hour the trains are normally not that packed that groping would be a problem. In a packed morning train however you are just shoved on top of everyone else. So the fact that someone touches (with some part of his/her body) your bottom / body is inevitable. But you will be in turn touching everyone else around you as well. That is simply the definition of a train packed to letfs say 200% of capacity. And waiting for the next train wonft solve that issue. But as a tourist you can mostly avoid the morning rush hour.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Japan travel queries 2018/1/23 15:16
Thank you so much for your reply. The 1000000 yen is exclusive of tickets nd stay. I have already paid for them. This amount is only for the 12 days of my trip- food, entrance fees, subway , Universal studios and Disney land. Also shopping.
by Beemo rate this post as useful

Re: Japan travel queries 2018/1/23 16:57
Are you sure about the number of 0 you added to the 1? 1 million yen are over 7000 Euro / about 9000 USD for 12 days, I would have a hard time spending this all on tickets, food and shopping.

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=JPY&To=EUR
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Japan travel queries 2018/1/23 20:51
If your figures are correct, that plenty, my last visit for 11 days I only took 540000yen, and i'm a heavy spender, eat wagyu and expensive meal everyday, and buy many expensive electronic good, I was left with 110000yen, i didntn't go to disney or the uni studio, but I did rent a car to fukushima and paid for expensive toll fee and petrol.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread