Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/1/31 23:36
He send me a pic of something he’s eating. And I would love to say “it looks so good. Give me some too. “

And also “I made this today. Swedish home made pizza. It didn’t turn out perfect but I hope it’s eatable.”

And did he say that he slept with socks on?
He said “いつも寒いから、靴下はいて寝てる! haha”
Can you also say “it’s good you slept with socks on. You should always take care of yourself”
by Mairru  

Re: How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/2/1 17:13
Mairru,

I noticed that you've been asking these questions on this forum - any thoughts on learning the language soon so that you can write those sentences yourself (or at least draft them for suggestions for correction here)? :) He probably would not imagine that you are asking anonymous internet forum for help with your private conversation!

Also, could you just keep on adding to your previous questions (on the same thread) so that forum members would know the background to your questions so that we can give you better answers suited to your situation?

“it looks so good. Give me some too. “
- Totemo oishiso! Watashi mo tabetai na. (It looks very good! I want to eat too.)

“I made this today. Swedish home made pizza. It didn’t turn out perfect but I hope it’s eatable.”
- Kyo kore wo tsukurimashita. Sweden shiki no piza desu. Kanpeki dewa nai kedo, taberareru hazu.

And yes he said "It's cold so I always sleep with socks on."
- Kutsushita wo haite nete seikai. (Spot on that you sleep with socks on.)
- Karada wo itsumo daiji ni shinakucha. (You must always take care of yourself.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/2/1 17:51
Oh I’m sorry... I was just trying to learn more. I won’t ask any more. Thank you for your help.
by Mairru rate this post as useful

Re: How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/2/1 18:22
No that's fine :) Just thought you probably would get "closer" with him if you really learned the language. And if you are going to ask, you can just add to your existing thread :)

Re: How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/2/6 19:03
You’ve right. I’m sorry I asked a lot of questions. But is there a way I can ask for this last thing?
I want to say to him
“I’m sorry for saying this but I think it’s better you know about this. I feel ashamed for not telling you this.. I want to talk to you some more but I can’t speak Japanese very good. I have not had a chance to learn properly here in Sweden that’s why I can’t. I speak English better than Japanese. So can you speak English? You can write to me in Japanese I will be able to answer you in English and some Japanese. I hope you still want to talk.”

I swear I will say this and never bother anyone again. Would you please help me ? I’m begging you 🙏🙏🙏

Re: How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/2/6 19:17
こんなことを言わなければいけないのは残念なのだけど、知らせた方がいいと思うので、話します。もっと早く話しておくべきでした。
It is unfortunate that I have to tell you this, but I am mentioning this because I feel it would be better to let you know. I should have said this earlier.

もっと色々お話したいのだけど、日本語がうまくありません。
I want to talk more, but I am not good at Japanese.

スウェーデンできちんと日本語を勉強する機会がいままでなかったからです。
This is because I have not had a chance so far to properly study Japanese in Sweden.

英語の方が日本語より得意です。
My English is better than Japanese.

だから聞きます、英語はできますか。
So I am asking you - are you OK with English?

日本語で書いてくれたら、英語と、一部日本語でお返事します。
If you write in Japanese, I will answer in English and partly in Japanese.

もっとたくさん話がしたいです。あなたもそう思ってくれていますように。
I want to talk with you more. I hope you feel the same too.

Re: How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/2/6 19:30
Thank you so much. I hope you’ll have luck in your life. You deserve it since you helped me out. Good luck and thank you friend

Re: How do you say this in Japanese? 2018/2/6 23:45
dont worry Mairru. people here like to help, if they dont, they simply will not answer. so keep questions coming if needed and if one of those native speakers has time, you will get answers....

just an advise: google translate has meantime become quite ok for english to japanese (at least good enough that in most cases the meaning is understood). so for simple sentences you could use this also.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread