Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Re-entering Japan twice in the same month 2018/2/2 16:22
Hello, I'm posting this question as I have yet to find any response/post that matches my scenario.

I will be visiting Japan soon to go sightseeing and visit an old friend. After about a week in Japan we will go together to Taiwan for 5 days and then be returning together to Japan. Would there be any issue with me re-entering Japan in such a short amount of time?? I then plan to stay in Japan for another 10 days before returning back home. (The total time of my trip, being in Japan 2x and in Taiwan, would total only 3 weeks.)

Thanks in advance for any help/answers.
by mc9955  

Re: Re-entering Japan twice in the same month 2018/2/2 18:41
Unless you have a history of overstaying you visa in Japan, this should not be a problem. Print off a copy of your incoming and outgoing flights if they have any questions
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entering Japan twice in the same month 2018/2/2 20:43

(The total time of my trip, being in Japan 2x and in Taiwan, would total only 3 weeks.)
Unsure what nationality you are, just be sure you have a valid visa, the rest is no issue.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entering Japan twice in the same month 2018/2/3 00:36
Assuming that you are a US citizens (ie one of the countries with visa waiver) there is no problem at all with your plan.

Enjoy your trip to Japan and Taiwan.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entering Japan twice in the same month 2018/2/3 04:54
Yeah that's no problem in my experience. We went to Kansai then to Incheon then back to Kansai within 2 weeks. I think that at one point they looked at the passports pretty hard, but it wasnt a drama.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entering Japan twice in the same month 2018/2/3 07:52
Should be fine. I have only been ask once to confirm that I am staying by myself for 88 days. I said yes and they stamped the Temp Visitor Visa on my Passport.

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entering Japan twice in the same month 2018/2/4 09:09
Very common. People do cruises all the time with a short detour to Seoul and then back to Japan all the time, effectively leaving and re-entering a few days later.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread