Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and back 2018/2/11 22:29
Hi... I will be spending 15 days in Japan. The first day after landed in Tokyo Narita, I intend to go to Osaka straight away. After spending in Osaka, I want to visit Kyoto, Nara and Kobe as well. 2 days for each city. So by the day-9, I will be returning to Tokyo and spend the remaining 6 days in Tokyo. Could you help what is the best transportation for me to take from the beginning (Tokyo-Narita) to Osaka then Kobe, Nara, Kyoto AND return back again to Tokyo. Please help. Thank you.
by Anthony Indramawan (guest)  

Re: Narita to Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and back 2018/2/12 13:21
Hi!

Have you thought about flying from NRT directly to KIX? Several discount airlines fly this route. It might work out to be cheaper since you are already at NRT.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and back 2018/2/12 22:35
if you have Japan railpass
You will go to Tokyo by NARITA expresses
Then you will transfer Shinkansen to Sin Osaka
I think you have big luggage
You can use Takkyubin in the airport on arrival
Takkyubin is Japanese transporter
You can send your baggage to your hotel
It will take one or two days
by USACHAN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto and back 2018/2/13 00:54
You can use Takkyubin in the airport on arrival
Takkyubin is Japanese transporter
You can send your baggage to your hotel

"Takkyubin" [officially spelled "TA-Q-BIN"] is a name of a delivery service, not of a transporter.
Before sending your luggage to your hotel, you should contact the hotel staff and get their consent.

Have you confirmed that you cannot choose Haneda Airport [HND] instead?

Narita Airport [NRT] is actually outside Tokyo Metropolis; to take a Shinkansen train for Kyoto and Shin-Osaka Stations, you first head to Tokyo or Shinagawa Station.

Compared to Tokyo Station, Shinagawa Station is much simpler, therefore more convenient for a transfer from Narita Express to Tokaido Shinkansen (Tokyo -- Nagoya -- Kyoto -- Shin-Osaka).

Haneda Airport [HND] is in Tokyo's urban area, and much closer than Narita Airport [NRT] to Tokyo and Shinagawa Stations.

When will you travel?
How are your flights scheduled?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread