Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/12 06:07
Hello! I have few questions about mini instant grill in Japan

1) Is it legal, to using this king of portable grill in Japan? For example, on the beach of lake, or just somewhere in nature place? There won't be any problems with laws?

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/isis-jennie/is-a-1/

2) Where this kind of of grill i can buy? 7-eleven i think don't sell this things. But MaxVallu supermarkets or similar?

3) How this very small grills name in japanese?

by Arturss  

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/12 16:34
1) Is it legal, to using this king of portable grill in Japan?

You cannot use it in most places in Japan. You need to look for a place where "barbecue" is allowed. Also, if you are using it in your garden at home, be sure you ask your neighbors to see if they are okay with it.

2) Where this kind of of grill i can buy?

You can usually buy them at a "home center" which is what we call big DIY shops.

3) How this very small grills name in japanese?

Ask for "barbecue konro", and say you want a "chiisai" (small) one.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/12 16:39
Sorry, I forgot to write something.

You are looking at a disposable one. Disposable in Japanese is "tsukai-su-te".

Actually, you might find more disposable ones near places where barbecue is actually allowed.

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/13 07:25
Uco, thank you!

As i understand, for example. Little lake, far away from city, we wanna to use this disposable grill, of course without any trash after, observe fire safety and don't disturb anybody. We don't see any signs there.
So in this case we can use it?
by Arturss rate this post as useful

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/13 12:15
Technically NO. You can use open fire ONLY AT DESIGNATED PLACES.

All you have to do is to ask at a local tourist information counter, or a local police booth, or a local fire department to find out where you can use fire. DON'T use open fire without asking. This is all I could say.

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/13 20:09
When locals use open fire, they get an official permission from the fire department every time.
EVERY land belongs to someone in Japan, including what you call little lake. Without (1)permission from the fire department (2)permission from the landlord, you can't do it.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/13 22:48
The other poster is generally correct, but there are also barbecue sites.

For example, there is the Tamagawa-ryokuchi Barbecue Area. You can bring your grill there, pay 500 yen, listen to a lecture, and you can barbecue as much as you want until closing time.
https://www.tamagawa-bbq-area.com/use

But you cannot go to a random lake or a random river and build fire without permission. Similarly, you cannot camp without permission. You cannot fish without permission. But if you get permission, the municipal will look after you, and if you suffer an accident they will rescue you by using our taxes.

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/15 04:36
Oh, sad. In my country we can feel free to using grill almost anywhere. :(
Anyway - thanks for answers. Very useful information!

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/16 04:21
Why you compare your country with another.
Every country has different rules, it is so simple
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/16 09:48
Rules have reasons.
By these rules, they can protect human lives and nature from the fire. They are more important than joy.
Agree with justmyday.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/16 12:54
I simply thought that the OP was trying to clarify from what standards (s)he was asking the question from. Each country has different standards depending on its environment. Nothing wrong with that.

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/16 13:03
if you see it like that it is your right to think so, but i do not read it like that.
I see a comparis between OP country and Japan.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/18 22:41
justmyday

I don't know, where you find comparing.

And Uco was totally right.

Re: Few questions about mini instant grill 2018/2/19 11:36
I think it's "Oh, sad. In my country" part. You needed to mention about your country if you didn't intend to compare two different countries.
by @__ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread