Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakuza/Assassin Flicks(swordplay) 2018/2/13 09:57
So I'm looking for a new movie and I've been fairly hard pressed to find anything I would be able to just find and download or buy at a store with Yakuza films. I really enjoy swordplay and I especially enjoy the ones where the lead role is an Assassin or former Assassins.

I've seen Shogun Assassin(I own most of the Lone Wolf & Cub series), The Man from Nowhere(Korean), Outlaw Gangster VIP series, Young Boss Takeshi, Prison Break(1965), Lady Snowblood, Kill Bill.

I'm looking for something slightly different than Outlaw Gangster. More along the lines of Kill Bill, maybe like the new Blade of The Immortal Movie, Rurouni Kenshin, Ninja Assassin. There was also a recent movie called "The Villainess" That pretty much hits the nail on the head though it was also Korean.

What I'm looking for is something where a highly trained assassin we get to see do his/her work, while defecting from the group or working toward some greater goal beyond just killing. I'm sorry if I'm a bit too picky, but usually the ones I find are either low budget or don't involve much martial arts at all.
by Work2440  

reply to this thread