Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Customs Concern: Medicine 2018/2/17 13:41
Can I bring 4 Ventolin Inhaler to Japan for my friend?

I am concern that there is a restriction when it comes to bringing medicine when I arrive in Japan. Since it is not a large quantity, I think this is not something to be declared in the customs.
by Honey (guest)  

Re: Customs Concern: Medicine 2018/2/17 20:22
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+61191

Old thread, but the situation about this being a prescription drug in Japan remains the same. Which means it is approved in Japan, so you can bring in up to a month'ssupply with you no problem.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Customs Concern: Medicine 2018/2/18 02:06
Thank you for your answers.
The medicine is for my friend not for me.
Should I declare yes under section 4 and have you ever experienced ticking yes for this section as I want to know if there are special screening for this?

Thanks
by Honey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Customs Concern: Medicine 2018/2/18 05:22
If the inhaler has 200 doses, I would think that is enough for a month - at least based on my experience with asthma/COPD. It doesn't matter saying you are bringing it for a friend, which is probably illegal by Japanese standards anyway. I would not bring more than one. As posted above, your friend can get it in Japan.....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Customs Concern: Medicine 2018/2/18 06:43
It would be illegal to bring in prescription drugs/meds into the country for someone else. And 4 inhalers is much more than one month usage. So it is your call how to action this.

But for a drug/med that is readily available within Japan, I'd decide whether possible consequences involved are worth it.

As an asthma sufferer myself. Well more so when I was a child and into teens. I don't really need it in adult life. But will have to carry around a puffer for the rest of my life anyway. Each time I have been in Japan, I have brought two inhalers into the country. They have never given the inhalers a second look.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread