Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/18 20:40
At the end of October (Tuesday 23rd to Friday 26th) I've got three days between two different meet ups with different groups of friends. I'm in Kyoto on Tuesday morning and then I have to be back to Osaka on Friday.

This gives me three days where I have no plans and really no idea of what I should do. I'm already hitting Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima with friends so I don't want to stay in any of those places. Does anyone have an idea for JR trainable (i'll have the pass) itinerary for these three days that's not too stressful?

I want to see more of the country, see some historical/samurai/nature stuff, or even better a festival, Or possibly get off Honshu but I don't know if that's really possible in three days.
by ninnanuam  

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/19 13:44
You can go anywhere in Japan in three days from Osaka.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/19 15:08
I'd suggest Kanazawa, with possible day trips from there to Takayama and Shirakawago.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/19 15:59
Have a look at ok at a travel guide either on this page here or a guide book of your choice. Then decide how much travel youfd like to do.

I guess everyone can suggest something different here. You could do Hiroshima and Miyajima. Or Teshima & Naoshima, or ShimanamiKaido by bike, A trip to Koyasan or up to Lake Biwako. But as Firas says, as long as you are prepared to spend some time on transportation you could go literally anywhere.

My personal suggestion would be 3 days in Nara, including trips to inner Nara prefecture. No JR pass really needed for that, but definitely for me a very nice place of Japan.

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/19 16:07
Kanazawa for Kenrokuen, Matsue for the original castle & Izumo Taisha, Hikone for the original castle & Ryotanji and maybe a trip to the site of the battle of Sekigahara, Bitchu Matsuyama for the hike up to the original castle and the Ii museum. Okayama for the castle and Korakuen, Anywhere along the Seto inland sea - say Onomichi. And those are only the ones that are reasonably close to Osaka. Dear Lord, the options are endless.

P.s. yes I know the trip to Matsue would take a while :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/20 07:42
I'd probably head to Fukuoka. Only 3 hours each way from Kyoto on the bullet train. One of the days I'd go to Nagasaki.
by 123 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/20 09:20
Want something different? Try Hagi and Tsuwano in Chigoku
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/21 03:50
I recommend going to Kinosakionsen and conquer the onsen tour. It would be very relaxing three days.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3525.html

I stayed here: http://www.kinosaki3928.com/english/

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Three Days Free, Ideas? 2018/2/21 04:12
Ifd definitely go somewhere rural - a contrast to the rest of your time.
An onsen place would be great (Kinosaki has already been suggested - you could combine that with Amanohasidate and surrounding areas, for instance), or maybe - since itfs October- head to the mountains for the beginning of Autumn colours. Mountain places with onsens would probably be my choice. Or go to Shikoku, or Mount Koya and then the Kii Peninsula?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread