Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling Japan at 19 2018/2/23 04:51
Hello,

Ifm traveling Japan for two weeks as a solo female traveler at the age of 19. I really wanted to spurge on night and stay at a nice ryokan. I have already booked a room at Takaragawa Onsen Osenkaku. I have just realized that my age could be a challenge. I know in the United States, where I am from, they wouldnft allow someone so young to stay. Is it the same in Japan? I can still cancel it. Also can someone tell me the policy about checking in early? I would really like to enjoy the onsen all day.
by Julia King (guest)  

Re: Traveling Japan at 19 2018/2/23 10:44
20 is legal adulthood in Japan. I would suggest contacting the onsen directly about your queries (both age and early-check-in).

You may also want to look into Immigration procedures and see if you need to bring a letter from your parents allowing you to travel independently - I am not sure about the requirements for Japanese Immigration, or if it matters where you are from (to avoid looking like a runaway child, basically!).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread