Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The best/cheap way to explore Tokyo and Fuji? 2018/2/24 01:18
Hello.

First of all I am sorry for my English and also very sorry for so long question.

I have 9 days in Japan, on a tenth day I will departure from Nagoya (in the morning). After reading about diffirrent passes I decide to buy JRPass and use it from day ‡‚3 till day ‡‚9.

In 10th day I only need to go to Nagoya Airport. That is why I think it is not necessary to use JRPass from day ‡‚4 till day ‡‚10.
My question is about first two days in Japan.

At first I thought to buy Tokyo Wide Pass. It cost 10k yen. It valid for 3 days and give a lot of opportunities for traveling near Tokyo. But only direction I realy need near the Tokyo is Kawaguchiko. I.e. in first 2-3 days I planning to explore Tokyo and Kawaguchiko. That is why i started to found out some other ways (besides Tokyo Wide Pass) to doing it.

Now the best option i could found is:
1) Explore Tokyo in my 1st day with "Tokunai Pass (750 yen)"
I think this ticket would be enough for main Tokyo staitions.
2) Go to and Explore Five Lakes Area with "Fujigoko Enjoy Ticket (4350 yen)"
This ticket includs the bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko (round trip). And it also valid for either the retro bus or the Fujikko bus at Five Lakes Area. Am I right? =)

And then, on the third day my JRPass starts being valid.

In this way we have: 750+4350=5100 (instead of 10000 per Tokyo Wide Pass).
But additionaly we need to get to Tokyo from Narita.

If You still read it, please give me some advices. Maybe someone has an experience and can offer some better way to explore Tokyo and Kawaguchiko. And also maybe someone knows about passes wich includes route from Narita to Tokyo.
by Denq  

Re: The best/cheap way to explore Tokyo and Fuji? 2018/2/24 10:10
And also maybe someone knows about passes wich includes route from Narita to Tokyo.

http://honyaku.j-server.com/LUCKEISEIB/ns/tl.cgi/http://www.keiseibus....

This include "Tokyo shuttle" bus from Narita airport to Tokyo and subway pass. Unlike many other pass in Japan, this pass is valid 24 hrs, 48 hrs or 72 hrs. If you start to use 24 hrs pass at 6:00 PM, you can use it until 5:59 PM next day. Note that this is only valid for subways (Tokyo Metro and Toei subways). Tokunai pass on the other hand is only valid for JR trains though.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: The best/cheap way to explore Tokyo and Fuji? 2018/2/24 17:48
Hi frog, I am interested in the last post about a combo which includes subway pass within Tokyo and a one way to Narita however your link did not work - is it the Tokyo shuttle & subway pass?
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/airport_bus/

Many thanks!

by VicBri rate this post as useful

Re: The best/cheap way to explore Tokyo and Fuji? 2018/2/24 18:13
however your link did not work - is it the Tokyo shuttle & subway pass?

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't notice but this is not the original Keisei bus site, but the translated site. And yes, I mean Tokyo shuttle & subway pass. As far as I understand, this pass is sold only at Narita airport so you can't get the opposite direction ticket: Tokyo subway pass and Tokyo to Narita AP bus.

One more note: Tokyo shuttle is much cheaper than Limousine bus, and there is of course some drawback. They allow only one suitcase to put on the trunk room. If you have two big luggage, you must send one with some delivery service.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: The best/cheap way to explore Tokyo and Fuji? 2018/2/24 20:09
Thanks a lot for your both answers. But it costs 1,700 yen
I can buy Tokunai Pass (750 yen) + way from Narita to Kanamachi station costs \720 (price from hyperdia). And it will be even cheaper.
by Denq rate this post as useful

reply to this thread