Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kiyomizudera works 2018/2/26 22:24
Hello

Several questions about Kiyomizudera.

I have read that there are some major works there. How does this impact any visit? Are there parts that are closed? Or the visit will take the same time as always?

Among these options what would you recommend?

1) Arriving there at 9am a weekday in august (I guess that crowds will be huge). After Kiyomizudera I will do the typical tour up to Chion in.
2) Do the opposite. Starting in Chion in and finish in Kiyomizudera around 17-17.30 considering that it will close at 18.30. What about crowds? Is there any significant difference?
3) Finally, I have the chance to wake up very early another day and get there around 6am and spend 1.5 hour. It would be a Saturday in august.

Obviously, the 3rd one seems the best choice to enjoy it, but I would only do that if the it compensates such an effort. This is why I ask if works are affecting the visit or it mostly the same as always.

Anyway, even if 3rd option is preferred, what about number 1 and 2? Is there any real difference?

I'll probably choose number 2, although I have read that streets are uphill. Bearable?

Thanks a lot!!!
by amo (guest)  

Re: Kiyomizudera works 2018/2/27 14:24
I have read that there are some major works there. How does this impact any visit? Are there parts that are closed?

It is explained here:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3901.html

Or the visit will take the same time as always?

The only difference is really that the main hall is covered up, which does not have a major impact on visiting time.

Among these options what would you recommend?

It belongs to Kiyomizudera and the surrounding streets that they are crowded. The temple has long been an extremely popular temple. Crowds come with it. If you don't like crowds, an early morning visit will be your best choice; however, most shops in the district will not be open yet, which can be a plus for some and a minus for others.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread