Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is my itinerary to Kyoto for 6 days possible? 2018/2/27 18:41
Hello, (Please forgive my mistakes I'm French)
This summer I'm going to Japan for 3 weeks with my friends. We will spend 6 full days in Kyoto, I have created a route on Odigo and I would like to know what you think.
We will travel by bus, so Saturday 21/07 (morning) and 26/09 (evening) we will be at Kyoto Station. Our Airbnb, is 5 minutes from Takeda Station. I tried to organize myself.
I am well aware that the schedules given by the site are not quite accurate and precise, that's why I would like your opinion :)

Here is my itinerary in detail with the means of transport, the visits and the schedules:
https://www.odigo.jp/itineraries/204056

Here is a summary:
Day 1: (21/07) Temples and market around Kyoto station + Fushimi inari (which is 20 minutes walk from our airbnb)
Day 2: (22/07) Nara (details in my itinerary)
Day 3: Kinkaku-ji + monkey park + bamboo forest and 2 temples next
Day 4: Kibune and his temple + hiking to Kuruma (normally we will pass 2 small temples in addition to kuruma dera) + Kuruma onsen break + ride to Gion in the evening
Day 5: Daigo-ji Temple (all morning) + Shoren-in Temple + Yasaka Jinja Shrine + Kodai-ji Temple + stroll in qqls shopping streets including Ninenzaka · Sannenzaka
Day 6: Nanzen-ji Temple + Kiyomizu-dera Temple + stroll and shopping: Daimaru + Kyoto Pokemon Center + Nishiki Market + Shinkyogoku Shopping Arcade
by Pii (guest)  

Re: Is my itinerary to Kyoto for 6 days possible? 2018/2/28 11:59
I would combine Fushimi Inari with Nara. They're on the same train line form Kyoto Station. Head to Fushimi Inari ealy (around 7 am) to beat the crowds, then continue on to Nara for the rest of the day.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my itinerary to Kyoto for 6 days possible? 2018/2/28 15:35
In contrast to @guest I would need 2 days at Nara and half a Fushimi Inari. But this only proofs that each visitor has different speed and interest.
I would just consider in your trip that it will be very, dry hot & humid in July. So this might impact your capability of sightseeing and slow you down.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my itinerary to Kyoto for 6 days possible? 2018/2/28 15:53
Reschedule Fushimi Inari for the first stop of a day or it could be unpleasantly hot & sticky at that time of year.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Is my itinerary to Kyoto for 6 days possible? 2018/2/28 19:05
I agree with Stan.

Rest of itinerary is good and not rushed.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2018/2/28 19:35
Thank you for your answer :)
I've heard that Fushimi Inari is really beautiful at sunset. If we go there at 18h will it be nice ? Since it's not far away from our Airbnb, we will be able to sleep and rest a little in the afternoon.
by Pii (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is my itinerary to Kyoto for 6 days possible? 2018/2/28 20:15
Just remember going down a hill at dusk is not always a safe thing. I've forgotten if there are street lights there or not... (Fushimi Inari)
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread