Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying full semester to obtain the COE? 2018/3/3 14:35
Hello guys!

I have some questions, i had been checking the web and havent found to much info.
Ok it seems my COE got accepted i was using go go nihon for all the tramits, now they told me that i need to pay the whole school semester in order to make the school send the COE to me.
Obviously go go nihon gave me a invoice emited from the school with the school bank account and such.

But since the COE doesnt guarantee the Student Visa, it is normal to pay the whole semester in order to obtain the COE?

What happens if the embassy decline your student visa?
Do you get refund?

Does anyone have a testimonial of this situation or knows about it?

Thanks guys for reading me!

by HawkinsDuo  

Re: Paying full semester to obtain the COE? 2018/3/3 15:26
You need to ask the school that question. But it is quite normal to have school get you to pay fees up front.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Paying full semester to obtain the COE? 2018/3/4 01:58
Normally you pay in advance. Other questions your better to contact the school directly.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Paying full semester to obtain the COE? 2018/3/4 02:27
Thanks for the answer guys!

Well usually were i live we dont pay, schools, collage and university in advance lol
so thats why i was wondering if it was normal, thank you guys!
by HawkinsDuo rate this post as useful

Re: Paying full semester to obtain the COE? 2018/3/4 05:12
Maybe it is better not to compare one country with another. An assumption that where you live that it will be the applicable to another place is strange and I do not understand that way of thinking.

It is better to confirm directly with the school. I guess understanding the rules or ways of doing should be your first thing to do when you apply or move to another place.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Paying full semester to obtain the COE? 2018/3/4 18:02
I am not surprised.
Historically, so many fake students have entered Japan for the purpose of "working".
this is one way to reduce fake students.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread