Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary Check 2018/3/5 15:23
Hi! My husband and I are traveling to Japan for the first time in April. We have come up with a tentative itinerary (twelve full days). I wanted to share it with you to see if any of you experts notice any obvious flaws or have any advice to give. In the past I have found this to be very helpful when planning a trip.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

SUNDAY

Arrive at Narita Airport at 2 PM, take NEX to Tokyo, take bullet train to Kyoto, check into hotel (estimate by 8 PM)

MONDAY

Fushimi Inari Shrine at 7 AM (or as early as possible), Nishiki Market at noon, Kyo Odori at 2:30 PM (reaching out to my local JTB office for tickets), Kiyomizu-dera & Higashima District, Gion/Pontocho @ night

TUESDAY

Bullet train @ 8 AM to Hiroshima, take local train & ferry to Miyajima, hope to arrive at Itsukushima Shrine around 11 AM for high tide, Mt. Misen Ropeway, ferry & local train back to Hiroshima to enter Peace Memorial Museum (closes at 6 PM), visit Peace Memorial Park, see Atomic Bomb Dome and Hypocenter, return to Kyoto via bullet train

WEDNESDAY

Arashiyama @ 8 AM for the usual Togetsu Bridge, Tenryuji Temple & Monkey Park, hope to pass by Adashino & Otagi Nenbutsuji Temples as well. Around noon to 1 PM, take bus to Ohara. We have a reservation at Yumoto Onsen Oharasansou, we're double booking for the night. Explore Ohara if we have time to spare before 3 PM check in. Relax in ryokan, dinner at 5 PM, baths, etc. I get the impression to get the true ryokan experience you can't really leave the ryokan? so we will do Ohara sightseeing the next day.

THURSDAY

Breakfast, baths and check out of ryokan before 11 AM, explore Ohara until 1 to 2 PM. Travel to Kyoto and take bullet train to Himeji (castle closes at 5 PM). Bullet train to Kobe for dinner, return to Kyoto. Many people online have been insisting we shouldn't go to Kobe. It's kind of confusing because I don't really understand why. If I am convinced not to go to Kobe, I heard it's possible to squeeze in Himeji Castle on the Hiroshima day which would free up the rest of my Thursday after leaving Ohara. I would then probably fit in the Silver Pavilion & Philosopher's Path here.

FRIDAY

Head out @ 7 AM to Kurama and Kifune. Hike between Kifune and Kurama, starting with Kifune, visiting the water goddess shrine, ending in Kurama, possibly trying the hot spring. Get back to Kyoto and the International Manga museum at 11 AM for a portrait. Visit the Golden Pavilion. Visit the Silver Pavilion if time permits. However, have an appointment at 4 PM for a geisha dress-up photo-shoot. Visit the night time illuminations at either Kiyomizu-dera, Shore-in Temple, Nijo Castle or Kodai-ji Temple (any favorites?). Visit Gion/Pontocho @ night once more.

SATURDAY

Check out of hotel, take bullet train to Tokyo, check into hotel in Tokyo. Should be settled into room at 4 PM. Don't have solid plans for today except going somewhere we can get an observation deck view of the city at night such as SkyTree (see Sumida Park if in the area)

SUNDAY

Meiji Shrine visit, Shibuya, Harajuko & Yoyogi Park, Shinjuku Gyoen Garden (closes at 4 PM), Kubukicho & Golden Gai at night

MONDAY

Sensoji, Ueno Park and stroll through Yanaka neighborhood, visit Akibahara, then Odaiba in the evening. Considering spending the night at a capsule hotel for the experience this night by double booking.

TUESDAY

Would like to go to Studio Ghibli Museum before noon on this day but still have not gotten tickets, plan to attempt purchasing them when they go on sale on March 9 at 8 PM EST, pass by Tsukiji Fish Market just to eat at places that are open in the afternoon, pass by Pokemon Center, go to Imperial Palace and Chidorigafuchi for boat ride (boathouse closes at 5:30 PM), visit Tokyo Tower or see Tokyo Tower at night for Roppongi Hills observation deck

WEDNESDAY

Day trip to Fuji Five Lakes via train, visit Fujiyoshida Sengen Shrine & Arakurayama Sengen Park. Still thinking about visiting Fuji-Q Highland Park. Alternatives are going to Fuji Yurari Hot Spring if it is not too difficult to travel to and if we would still like to visit another onsen. Kawaguchiko Music Forest could also be a possibility. Return to Tokyo via train. Free evening, possibly visit Meguro river cherry blossom trees.

THURSDAY & FRIDAY

I don't have these two days planned out to a T. We may go visit places missed Sun-Tues, focus on shopping or go to misc places like Edo-Tokyo Museum, Robot Restaurant and themed cafes, or appreciate the cherry blossoms some more. Have also inquired about the practice sumo match in Soka City on Thursday but not sure if I want to use a half-day on sumo. Also considered another day trip but more time just having fun in Tokyo sounds more appealing to us.

SATURDAY

Check out of hotel, take the NEX to Narita airport, flight leaves at 11 AM

We have our hotels and flights booked, as well as a few reservations. I now plan to start looking into getting our bullet train passes and learning more about transportation (such as making seat reservations).

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
by karenmf28  

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/5 18:56
Very busy itinerary. Im not sure with the amount of stuff you are doing each day that you'll get it all done.

Kifune Kurama is much closer to Ohara. I rearrange some days to reduce travel times.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/5 19:20
Wow, you seem to like stress. I admit that I am a slow Traveller and I am already stressed by only reading your list of activities.

Sit down with google maps and calculate the travel time needed for each of your days from hotel to hotel. Add in some extra minutes for changing trains as google maps has you teletransport while changing trains (ie often, not always, google maps transfer time is only manageable if you know EXACTLY where to go, are standing at the right door of the train and have no queue up the staircase. All conditions that are not easily met).
Then calculate how many minutes you have at each destination. If itfs just about taking a picture consider photoshop for some destinations while enjoying the rest of Japan.

I heard it's possible to squeeze in Himeji Castle on the Hiroshima day which would free up the rest of my Thurs

Your Hiroshima/Miyajima day right now is already at the brink of impossible, but adding in Himeji Castle on the same day is not going to work.

Consider also that it gets dark early in Japan and dinner in ryokans is often around 17:30.

Also you had one day with hiking in the morning and being back at 11am (????) in Kyoto for a fair? Did I read that right?

For Tokyo you can enjoy night view also from Tokyo tower or I think day only from Shinjuku Tokyo government building (free). If you choose Skytree buy tickets online before to get your time slot reserved.

Free up your route if roughly 30 % of the destinations (will still be fast paced) and enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/6 00:13
Hi!

Many people here would consider me a fast paced tourer. I'm willing to do 4 hour+ round trip day trips, but I admit some of your itinerary is making me see stars!

Are you sure getting up and getting out by 7-8:00 am every morning and then staying out until 21-22:00 or so with full days every day you won't find exhausting? Your profile says you're from the US, so I know based on my experience going to Japan from the East Coast the early mornings are going to be easy, but you're going to be so tired at night. It's a really big time change. And your days are just fully packed.

So let's see, problems:

You're not going to the Ghibli Museum on Tuesday because the Ghibli Museum is always closed on Tuesdays so it is impossible to get a ticket then. If money is no object and you just want to go to the museum no matter what, book the expensive tour with Japanican. It guarantees you admission.

I can see day 1 possibly working, though by the night, you will be exhausted and not have a lot of energy for anything, particularly if you want to be up and out of your hotel room and on a shinkansen by 8 the next morning. Even if you are staying in the Granvia, it's going to take you a little bit to get yourself together and you need to be at the shinkansen platform by 7:55 am, trains in Japan are rarely late. If this is sakura time we're talking about Kiyomizudera will probably be packed as well making your plans harder unless you go early.

I did that 8:00 am train from Kyoto to Hiroshima last June and then did the transfer to Miyajima. I think you'll be able to see the high tide. But I'm wondering how you're going to have time to do the ropeway and get over to Hiroshima. It's going to actually take closer to 45 minutes or more from Miyaijma to Hiroshima and then taking the tram, it's just hard to see how you're going to have more than an hour or two for the Peace Park and Museum. Sure it is open until 18:00 but are you planning to just rush through it? You're also then not going to make it back to Kyoto until closer to 22:00 There is no way to squeeze in Himeji, particularly if you are there for sakura season. It gets quite crowded. If we're talking sakura season, there are likely to be timed tickets and none might be available in the afternoon. When I was last there, by the time I left at 11:00/noon, the entrance line was quite long and this was back 10 years ago before the number of tourists to Japan grew exponentially.

I think you also underestimate all your transfer times, from Ohara back to Kyoto the bus is only once every 40 minutes. Assuming you time perfectly, that's still another 40 minutes (14:40 for your arrival at Kyoto station and I am being generous as this is assuming perfect transfers) you then need to get to the shinkansen and even with another perfect transfer we're talking arriving at 15:40 and then you need to walk/bus/taxi your way to Himeji Castle, so you're now getting there more like 16:00, giving you 1 hour in a best case scenario assuming there are still tickets.

I think Kobe is OK? The shinkansen station (Shin-Kobe) is a 15-20 minute walk or a short subway ride away from the Sannomiya Station which is more Central Kobe. Outside of a ropeway station, there just isn't that much near Shin-Kobe. You can take a SP Rapid to Sannomiya from Himeji or Kyoto Station.

On Friday, it's going to take you a minimum of 30 minutes to get to Kibune, if you're staying on the Keihan line, that will certainly help, if you're not you have to get over to either the Keihan line or Demachiyanagi from where you are staying which is going to add to travel times. I am assuming you plan to start in Kibune since it opens earlier. So you reach it at best at 7:35, I thought the hike was pretty easy, but I think you will get it mostly going all uphill going to Kurama. The onsen is past the temple and then you need to take transport for at least an hour to get to the Kyoto Manga Museum.

Outside of Ghibli being closed on Tuesday, I think most of your Tokyo plans are not as bad as your Kansai plans, though I think you re going to have very little time for Shinjuku Gyoen depending on how much time you spend in Shibuya and Harajuku.

Again, on your Kawaguchiko day I think you are underestimating how long things can take and how exhausted you might be by the time you get to your "free evening." You're looking at a 4 hour round trip just getting there.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/7 09:43
Ah! Thank you so much for all the suggestions!

I see now that some rearranging would help my itinerary so I worked on it (the Kyoto half). I didn't cut much. I think the only thing I left out all together was the Silver Pavilion and Philosopher's Path.

As for the Tokyo Day suggestions, thank you about the heads up on Tuesday and Studio Ghibli. I just selected that day randomly. Thankfully I have many other days that could work. I haven't worked as much on the Tokyo half of my itinerary as I have on the Kyoto one. I think it's also because I want to take it a little slower and go with the flow in Tokyo. My Kyoto half is the complete opposite haha but I'm okay with that. I'll also keep in mind how long the trip to Fuji Five Lakes takes. I added the bit about Meguro River last minute but I'm okay with not doing that and keeping the whole day open for Fuji Five Lakes.

I'm also from the East Coast! I'm sure we're going to be exhausted but we want to make every effort to wake up as early as we can to capitalize on our time. We don't plan to come back soon.

The sun sets so early! I looked it up earlier today,

As for the Kyoto half you will now see that the Himeji day is a lot more relaxed. I'm worried about the timed tickets though now that you mentioned it. Is there anyway to purchase them before hand?

As for the Hiroshima and Miyajima day, I still want to try to get on the ropeway but I won't prolong the trip by hiking to the top of the mountain. I'll also keep in mind that it shortens my time in the Peace Museum. I'm a little apprehensive about seeing things from the tragedy and devastation of the attack (my nerves act up) so I'm okay will not lingering for long.

So here is the updated first seven days (aka Kyoto half).

SUNDAY

Arrive at Narita Airport at 2 PM, take NEX to Tokyo, take bullet train to Kyoto, check into hotel (estimate by 8 PM)

MONDAY

7 AM to 10 AM - Fushimi Inari Shrine
10 AM to noon - Travel to Himeji via bullet train
12 PM to 3 PM - Explore Himeji Castle
3 PM+ - Open evening (might pass by Kobe, might go straight back to Kyoto)

TUESDAY

Bullet train @ 8 AM to Hiroshima, take local train & ferry to Miyajima, hope to arrive at Itsukushima Shrine around 11 AM for high tide, Mt. Misen Ropeway, ferry & local train back to Hiroshima to enter Peace Memorial Museum (closes at 6 PM), visit Peace Memorial Park, see Atomic Bomb Dome and Hypocenter, return to Kyoto via bullet train

WEDNESDAY

8 AM to noon - Arashiyama
noon to 2 PM - Travel to Ohara
2 PM to 3 PM - Buffer time, explore Ohara if time permits
3 PM+ - Enjoy stay at ryokan

THURSDAY

8 AM to 11 AM - Enjoy ryokan (might leave at 10 AM)
11 AM to 2 PM - Explore Ohara
2 PM to 3:30 PM - Travel to Kibune
3:30 PM to 6:30 PM - Explore Kifune Shrine, hike to Kurama, Kurama hotspring
6:30 PM to 8 PM - Travel to Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto
8 PM to 10 PM - Kiyomizu-dera at night (until 9 PM), pass by Sannenzaka & Ninenzaka stairs (have seen that people walk around Higashiyama at night during illuminations time)

FRIDAY

8 AM to 10 AM - Golden Pavilion
10 AM to 11 AM - Travel to Manga Museum
11 AM to 12:30 PM - Manga Museum for portrait + 15 min walk to next place
12:30 PM to 2 PM - Nishiki Market + 15 min walk to next place
2 PM to 4 PM - Kyo Odori (show starts at 2:30 and lasts 1 hour) + 15 min walk to next place
4 PM to 6:30 PM - Geisha transformation photoshoot
6:30 PM+ - Walk around Gion (Yasaka Shrine, Maruyama Park, Hanamikoji Dori, Pontocho Alley)

What do you guys think? I feel better about this itinerary.
by karenmf28 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/7 09:44
Ah! Thank you so much for all the suggestions!

I see now that some rearranging would help my itinerary so I worked on it (the Kyoto half). I didn't cut much. I think the only thing I left out all together was the Silver Pavilion and Philosopher's Path.

As for the Tokyo Day suggestions, thank you about the heads up on Tuesday and Studio Ghibli. I just selected that day randomly. Thankfully I have many other days that could work. I haven't worked as much on the Tokyo half of my itinerary as I have on the Kyoto one. I think it's also because I want to take it a little slower and go with the flow in Tokyo. My Kyoto half is the complete opposite haha but I'm okay with that. I'll also keep in mind how long the trip to Fuji Five Lakes takes. I added the bit about Meguro River last minute but I'm okay with not doing that and keeping the whole day open for Fuji Five Lakes.

I'm also from the East Coast! I'm sure we're going to be exhausted but we want to make every effort to wake up as early as we can to capitalize on our time. We don't plan to come back soon.

The sun sets so early! I looked it up earlier today,

As for the Kyoto half you will now see that the Himeji day is a lot more relaxed. I'm worried about the timed tickets though now that you mentioned it. Is there anyway to purchase them before hand?

As for the Hiroshima and Miyajima day, I still want to try to get on the ropeway but I won't prolong the trip by hiking to the top of the mountain. I'll also keep in mind that it shortens my time in the Peace Museum. I'm a little apprehensive about seeing things from the tragedy and devastation of the attack (my nerves act up) so I'm okay will not lingering for long.

So here is the updated first seven days (aka Kyoto half).

SUNDAY

MONDAY

7 AM to 10 AM - Fushimi Inari Shrine
10 AM to noon - Travel to Himeji via bullet train
12 PM to 3 PM - Explore Himeji Castle
3 PM+ - Open evening (might pass by Kobe, might go straight back to Kyoto)

TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY

8 AM to noon - Arashiyama
noon to 2 PM - Travel to Ohara
2 PM to 3 PM - Buffer time, explore Ohara if time permits
3 PM+ - Enjoy stay at ryokan

THURSDAY

8 AM to 11 AM - Enjoy ryokan (might leave at 10 AM)
11 AM to 2 PM - Explore Ohara
2 PM to 3:30 PM - Travel to Kibune
3:30 PM to 6:30 PM - Explore Kifune Shrine, hike to Kurama, Kurama hotspring
6:30 PM to 8 PM - Travel to Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto
8 PM to 10 PM - Kiyomizu-dera at night (until 9 PM), pass by Sannenzaka & Ninenzaka stairs (have seen that people walk around Higashiyama at night during illuminations time)

FRIDAY

8 AM to 10 AM - Golden Pavilion
10 AM to 11 AM - Travel to Manga Museum
11 AM to 12:30 PM - Manga Museum for portrait + 15 min walk to next place
12:30 PM to 2 PM - Nishiki Market + 15 min walk to next place
2 PM to 4 PM - Kyo Odori (show starts at 2:30 and lasts 1 hour) + 15 min walk to next place
4 PM to 6:30 PM - Geisha transformation photoshoot
6:30 PM+ - Walk around Gion (Yasaka Shrine, Maruyama Park, Hanamikoji Dori, Pontocho Alley)

What do you guys think? I feel better about this itinerary.

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/7 12:31
Hi!

Yeah, I'm outside NYC. :) I've gone to Japan a bunch of times and I'm planning my daughter's 3rd trip for this June. We were just in FL for the WDW Princess 1/2 Marathon Week End, and you do get a lot longer days than we do. It does make a difference.

Based on my personal experience, you're not going to have a problem with getting up in the morning, the problem is going to be staying out later than 20:00/21:00/22:00. You're just going to find yourself crashing in the evening so quickly. So I think it's good to plan a lot of early morning activities, I just think by late afternoon/evening you're going to really feel it. I find it usually takes me about a week to "adjust" though I tend to aways keep earlier morning hours in Japan than I do at home. I also then keep said schedule when I come back to the US. My daughter doesn't adjust as well and starts to crash by 18:00 or 19:00.

Unless Japanican offers some sort of paid tour to Himeji that includes admission, that is always a concern. I would highly recommend if you do make it to Himeji, pay extra and visit the garden. It's quite lovely. You're going sakura time, and Himeji with sakura is just a big magnet for visitors. I went in '07 for sakura, but in general Japan was a lot less crowded then. Moving it to a week day should help some.

I get what you're saying about Hiroshima. The museum is really hard.

So... I think on Thursday staying out past 21:00 is just going to be challenging. On Friday, I am probably the only person on this forum who thinks Nishiki is overrated lol I had't even realized I'd been until I looked on a map of Kyoto.

I don't know if you picked the geisha transformation because you specifically want formal pictures or because you want the additional make up or you just want to dress in kimono/yukata. There are LOTS of places that rent out kimono yukata and you can spend most of the day walking around in it. They will do your hair for a small additional fee, but don't do the make up. I think you can pay for some formal photography. We rented kimono/yukata last trip and we enjoyed walking around in it. Mine in particular was quite elegant and it was a fascinating experience. I wore mine a good portion of the day.

Hope this helps!
:)

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/7 14:51
Hi,

You mentioned the Kyo Odori show, do you actually mean this one?
http://www.miyako-odori.jp

I am not aware that JTB sells tickets to this show, but you can purchase them online from that website. Looking at it, availability is running out fast, so check it out and organise them soon.

If you're going to Kobe for dinner because of Kobe beef, you can get that in Kyoto without the hassle of a train journey.

Enjoy your planning and your trip.

by ----- (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/7 17:06
Kinkajuki opens at 9am. So 8-10 wont work. But you only need an hour max, so aim for nine. Buses in traffic will be horrible at that time of day, so aim for earlier than anyway.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/7 23:52
Hi rkold! Thanks again for taking the time to respond :)

Thank you for the advise about how the jet lag/time change will probably affect us. I will keep that in mind! That day does seem veeeery long. I'm going to flirt with the idea of moving Kiyomizu-dera to after Inari Shrine before we head to Himeji.

Thank you about the garden tip for Himeji! I will take a look at japanican to see if they have any sort of deal but hopefully the fact it's a Monday helps :)

We saw a Youtube video of a man eating many things at Nishiki Market and my husband asked me to put it in the itinerary. Are there any places in Kyoto you like strolling around to get food? It's so cool that you've been so many times! Do you have any personal top top top favorite things to do in Kyoto and Tokyo?

I decided on the geisha transformation because I wanted the experience of wearing the kimono, doing the make-up and having some pictures to remember. I'm doing a studio package and won't be walking outside. I'm a little shy about the whole thing. I want to do walk around outside in a yukata eventually but I'm building up my courage! For now I'm using up all my courage trying out the onsen/public bath experience haha :)

It helps a ton! Thank youu!

~
Hi guest,

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I meant a different performance, Kyo Odori. Kyo Miyako would have been nice but the only seats available are currently not side by side and my husband and I want to sit together.

We want to go to Kobe to see another city (such a beautiful seaside city) but in part yes cause of the meat! Haha :) We are going to research places to eat some nice meat for Monday night and if it's in Kyoto, even better! Thanks for the advice.

~

Hi hakata14,

Yes, I had looked up the opening time of 9 AM for Golden Pavilion. I am aiming for 8:30 AM or so because I hear the crowd comes in right away and it's the only chance we might get of getting some peace. Thank you!

~

So I'm guessing the days as a whole look doable? I'm so relieved! Thanks again for all the help.

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/8 11:56
Hi!

My favorite place in Kyoto is probably Katsura Imperial Villa. I thought the garden was gorgeous. But it must be pre-booked and you must not have anyone in your group under 13 I think. It's why I have not been back. I now go to Japan with just my daughter. I also really like Kodai-ji, Nanzen-ji and Eikando temples. I enjoyed Enryakuji, Kibune and Kurama a lot as well. Going by pictures, I've been to Fushimi Inari 2x. I plan to take my daughter this next trip.

In Tokyo I like to shop XD;;;;; I mostly go to Tokyo to shop and see friends. I do really like Shinjuku Gyoen. I am very fond of gardens. I also liked Kyu Shiba Rikyu Garden near Hamamatsucho. I love some day trips from Tokyo, in particularly Kamakura.

I love onsen. At first, I was too shy to use them, but I had another friend who was working in Japan at the time who got me to get over my shyness. Now they're a huge favorite of mine. I only use gender segregated ones since I am usually with my daughter or female friends.

I really enjoyed my experience wearing a kimono. The place I used really wraps you up to get the correct shape and I don't think I have ever stood as straight in my entire life. My daughter did not like the geta and I admit by the end of the day I had a few blisters. People were very nice about us walking around in kimono and I think if it were up to my daughter we would do it again. I am not sure we will have time.

I'm afraid we're terribly picky eaters so not very good at recommending places. While not your typical Japanese, there is a bakery chain in Kyoto that makes divine pastries. Last trip we ate most of our Kansai meals in Osaka with my friends.

I admit, I've been to Japan a lot and I know I will be going back, so I am OK with missing things or changing plans. I always try to balance my daughter's desires with what I want to do. Next trip, I really want to do some craft activities with her and I want to go to the cafe where it rains sugar into your tea/coffee and they serve desserts that look like plants. Ideally we will also go to Fushimi Inari, Toji and back to the flea market at Tenmangu. I suspect my daughter wants to go back to Mimurotoji, we're very fond of hydrangeas and I love tea. I would love to take her to Eikando and Nanzenji and maybe Kinkakuji. We already visited Arashiyama, Ginkakuji, Ninnaji, and Kodaiji. I am sure she wants to see the monkeys again, but I am hoping we will see some in Kamikochi.

I love Kurama and Kibune and Enryakuji but those will be a future trip.

I'd sort of like to visit the Abe no Seimei shrine because it has an awesome Goshuin and mine is nearly full again.

I think you will be fine giving Kinkakuji 1 hour of touring as long as you get there when it opens. It's pretty but I think other temples are more interesting.

Good luck!

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/8 19:09
A couple of thoughts...

I found Enryakuji really special, well worth a trip. The Sakamoto Cable Car was a dramatic way to arrive.

I very much like Sanjusangendo: have been back a couple of times and have not tired of it.

For food, we had a banzai meal at one of the many small restaurants just near Sanjusangendo: it was a very good meal and very interesting cultural experience.

Not a fan of Nishiki Market-the adjacent department store food halls are far more interesting, not to mention the ones at the station-we didn't realise we'd been until after we left!

Have a wonderful trip.
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary Check 2018/3/10 00:54
Thank you so much rkold! I hope your daughter and you have a lovely trip as well :)

Thanks for the suggestions Who? !

reply to this thread