Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese health check 2018/3/6 11:00
I'm going to be working as an ALT soon and they've asked me to get a full health check. Problem is, I'm having a lot of trouble finding somewhere that'll give me a check that includes an xray.

I'm wondering if I can get it done in Japan when I get there- if so, how long does it take? And would I have to wait long for an appointment? Also what would the cost be roughly?

(Or, I live in London so if anyone has any advice about getting one here that'd be nice!)

It's stressing me out so much and I leave in just under 3 weeks (they literally just told me about this). I kinda just wanna get my nurse friend to fraudulently fill in the form and make up the x-ray part and hope they don't check. Ha.

Sorry if i've left out any obvious info!
by mallowmol  

Re: Japanese health check 2018/3/6 11:52
How can it be so difficult to get an X-ray in London?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese health check 2018/3/6 12:18
go to your local doctor and ask. I do not believe it is so difficult
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese health check 2018/3/6 15:24
In Japan it is easy to get. Search for a doctor online and make already an appointment with him/her.

If your destination is Tokyo let me know, I know a doctor there. (There must be many but I can suggest one)

Relax and enjoy your life in Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese health check 2018/3/6 15:48
In the UK, it's very difficult to get an x-ray unless you are referred due to an illness. This is because they want to reduce any unnecessary radiation exposure.
Get the health check when you come to Japan, it would be easier and cheaper than finding a privately owned GP in the UK.
by Unknown (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese health check 2018/3/6 16:11
It would cost around 10,000 yen and take 1 week or so to get a full result.
There are items you have to be examined which are mentioned in the law. I believe your employer already told you which tests you have to take.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese health check 2018/3/7 07:43
An x-ray of what? Seems very non-specific. I might assume a chest x-ray to rule out something like TB, but it depends what they want.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese health check 2018/3/7 09:47
@JapanCustomTours
It's defined by the law. Chest X-ray.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread