Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sagano Train day-of tickets 2018/3/10 03:46
I want to take the Sagano Scenic train towards Torokko Saga St. during the cherry blossoms seasson and I know a limited numeb of day-of tickets are sold at sations. Should I queue early at Torokko Kameoka St., OR at Torokko Saga St. instead? I know Torokko Saga opens earlier, so is it better to queue there?
by Fiendhunter (guest)  

Re: Sagano Train day-of tickets 2018/3/10 14:45
Either station, just get there early.

You can book advance tickets at most Kansai JR stations one day to 30 days in advance. I would do this to secure a seat versus trying on the day.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Train day-of tickets 2018/3/15 14:47
Thanks! Of course, I would prefer to do that too. However, the Sagano Railway site shows there aren't any more seats available for early rides on the day I want. So I think my only option is to try and get a seat on the very day...?
by Fiendhunter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Train day-of tickets 2018/3/15 15:02
That makes zero sense. Those early rides have most likely already been booked in advance. So turning up knowing the trains you want are already booked is confusing.

Prebook ahead, and be flexible with the time of day you wish to travel. Otherwise you run the risk of completely missing out.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Train day-of tickets 2018/3/16 02:40
There are tickets available to be sold on the same day outside of the reserved seats, including tickets for the open-air wagon (The Rich tickets) but the numbers are limited. I also have the same plan in April with my family. The reserved tickets for that date is already fully booked so our plan is to start early in the morning from Kyoto station using San-In line direct to Umahori station, walk to Kameoka Torokko station then buy the Rich tickets to go to Saga Torokko. We can also start from Saga Torokko, I think it's the same either way, but I prefer to start from Kameoka Torokko so we can stop at Arashiyama Torokko station and continue explore the bamboo groove which is a short walk from there.
by Michael (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Train day-of tickets 2018/3/16 02:56
I recommend to check with the nearest JR Kansai station like Osaka Station and you will be able to see which times are available for your day. Then buy the tickets ahead as well.

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Train day-of tickets 2018/3/19 07:55
I'm aware that same-day tickets are sold when all reserved sets are booked, I was just wondering what would be the best plan to get those. I also want to try and get tickets for The Rich car so I'll make my plan similar to Michael. I'll try asking in a JR Kansai office as well. Thank you guys for your help!
by Fiendhunter (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread