Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ANA / JAL difference in weather cancellation? 2018/3/12 14:07
Hi there.
I am looking into flying with JAL or ANA for a domestic trip in Japan. As this will be during the typhoon season there is a risk my flight might get cancelled.

I was planning to go by JAL at first but I saw ANA had more connections. I read through the JAL page on cancellation or big delay b/c weather like typhoons.

There is a delay/cancelled flight history you can search from 1 year back, and if there is a * mark by the flight, apparently it means you can change to another flight for free, but that has to be done through phone as you cannot make a resevation by youself for that purpose. Please correct me if I am all wrong.

I am not sure what the routines are with ANA though. I managed to find a search history for flights 3 days back but that's all. The information is a bit confusing sometimes IMO....
by Anders (guest)  

Re: ANA / JAL difference in weather cancellation? 2018/3/12 21:23
If no safe, all airlines will be cancelled, very simple rule.

Typhoon speed is not so fast, see the typhoon records.
This is the slowest(worst route) one in 2017 Typhoon 18th "TALIM".
http://agora.ex.nii.ac.jp/digital-typhoon/summary/wnp/s/201718.html.en

Whether you can transfer for free is not the difference between airlines,
it depends on the contract details of yr ticket.
by Mehivp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ANA / JAL difference in weather cancellation? 2018/3/12 23:40
Well as I understand from JAL website any ticket can be changed in case of severe delay or cancellation, but it has to be marked in the list of cancelled/delayed flights.

I was looking back at history to when typhoons passed some airports and sometimes it says delayed or cancelled and there is a * mark to know it can be changed free of charge once.

But you have to call in to JAL providing a flight number and date to have it changed. Maybe they can do this at the airport too if delayed short of notice.

But I am not sure how ANA works...
by Anders (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread