Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ashikaga Flower Park Station 2018/3/16 23:26
On my return trip from Niigata, I wish to stop by Ashikaga Flower Park. According to the park's website, there is a proposed new station called Ashikaga Flower Park Station due to open in April 2018. I will be alighting at Takasaki to catch the Ryomo Line train. Instead of getting off at Tomita, this station appears to be one station before Tomita.

Is there any update as to the progress of the station's completion and expected operational date? I will most likely be arriving at the park about 9:00am on Friday, May 4th. I know it will be GW and it most likely will be quite crowded and that's the reason I'll be leaving Niigata about 6:00am. I will be using JR East's Nagano-Niigata area pass and that would be my Day 2 of using the pass, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and stop on the way back to Tokyo.
by John B digs Japan  

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park Station 2018/3/17 13:48
I saw a revised map that said that the station is planned to open on 1 April.
by naoyao (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park Station 2018/3/17 14:08
According to
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3850.html
it will indeed open April 1st.
But you are right - it is still going to be jammed with people when you go.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park Station 2018/3/17 14:17
Thank you both!
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park Station 2018/3/18 01:25
Ken (guest), I didn't see that J-G page on my search for Kanto-Tochigi-attractions. I wonder if there is a glitch in the system.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread