Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita airport to Shimoda 2018/3/18 15:58
Hi.
We will be arriving into Narita airport at 7.40 am and will need to travel to Shimoda city.
What is the best and most convenient way of transferring (besides private car/taxi of course !) ?

I checked the train times and it seems to take almost 3.5 hours for the journey.
Are there any other quicker ways of getting there ?

FWIW, my hotel in Shimoda (Shimoda Itoen Hotel) does provide transfer from Shinjuku to the hotel itself, but I reckon we will miss the bus as it is too early for our arrival time into Narita.

Thanks.
by lifesucketh  

Re: Narita airport to Shimoda 2018/3/18 18:13
You could fly a helicopter.

But lets be serious. If you wanna travel 300km, 3.5 hours isn't that long.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport to Shimoda 2018/3/18 18:14
I believe that is about how much time you do need to get to Shimoda; consider the distance! You need to take Narita Express to either Tokyo or Shinagawa, change to Tokaido line to Atami, then cdown south to Shimoda. The number of transfers may be 1, 2, or 3 times depending on exactly what time or which train you catch from Narita, though.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport to Shimoda 2018/3/24 15:54
Understood, thanks all.
by lifesucketh rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport to Shimoda 2018/3/24 16:48

One transfer if you can catch beautiful LTD. EXP SUPER VIEW ODORIKO 7 from Tokyo station.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita airport to Shimoda 2018/3/24 17:32
I highly recommend this LTD. EXP SUPER VIEW ODORIKO 7 train.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread