Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days Kyoto, Osaka draft itinerary 2018/3/19 16:28
Yesterday I have made one of the fastest decisions in my life: booked a flight to Osaka (KIX) after I saw the cheap airfare without knowing anything about travelling to Japan and the Kansai region!

This is my very early draft itinerary (only me and hubby). I just want to make sure that the route that I take is ok and could save time, especially travelling cost by rail.

We want to make this trip a relaxed one and we donft mind walking long distance since the weather is cool in November. We prefer to walk outdoors, admire the beautiful autumn foliage and we are not keen on indoors i.e. museum, exhibition, etc.

Travel date: 8 November 2018 to 19 November 2018

Day 1 (8 Nov): evening flight to Osaka (KIX)

Day 2 (9 Nov): reach KIX about 7am - take train to Kyoto - check in hostel - explore the city (to plan for places to go later) - overnight in Kyoto

Day 3 (10 Nov): Kyoto sightseeing (to plan for places to go later) - overnight in Kyoto

Day 4 (11 Nov): Kyoto sightseeing (to plan for places to go later) - overnight in Kyoto

Day 5 (12 Nov): check out hostel - take train to Osaka - check in hostel in Osaka - lunch - explore the city - overnight in Osaka

Day 6 (13 Nov): Universal Studios (itfs on Tuesday, we hope the crowd will be lesser)

Day 7 (14 Nov): Wake up a bit later due to full day at USJ - Osaka sightseeing and shopping

Day 8 (15 Nov): Day trip to Nara

Day 9 (16 Nov): Day trip to Kobe or Wakayama? Which one is better?

Day 10 (17 Nov): Osaka sightseeing, shopping

Day 11 (18 Nov): Osaka sightseeing, shopping

Day 12 (19 Nov): check out hostel early in morning for 1030am flight back home - take train to KIX

From the dates above, would I be able to catch the beautiful autumn foliage at Kyoto, Nara and Osaka? Is the rough itinerary above ok and makes sense?
by jesskitkat  

Re: 10 days Kyoto, Osaka draft itinerary 2018/3/19 19:03
Kyoto and Osaka are 25 minutes apart, so no need for two hotels. And both are the same distance from Nara. I'd just base yourself at one. Osaka tends to be cheaper than Kyoto.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days Kyoto, Osaka draft itinerary 2018/3/20 03:17
I spent 9 days exploring Kyoto, Osaka and Nara starting November 12, 2017. It was a little early for peak foliage that year. So you may get some color from the early maples. Personally, I liked being there when the oranges and yellows contrasted with the green leaves of trees which hadn't turned yet.

https://www.japan-guide.com/blog/koyo17/171125_kyoto.html
by SkipperL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread