Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip from next week 2018/3/22 23:24
Hello to all! We ( couple in middle age) have a possibility to trip to Japan in second time in our life.
We will arrive to Nagoya Central airport next week.
After 5 days we need to be in Hamamatsu for 3 working days.
And after 6 days we have a flight from Kansai airport to home.
It was a surprise for us and we don't have a time to prepare to trip. We already were in Nikko,Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto,Hiroshima,Beppy before 5 years ago.
We like to hike, to go to flower gardens, to see the interesting places.
1.Please help with planing . Currently we want to go to Fuji _ Hakone area, to Kanazawa. We have a time for more. What is your suggesting? What is a best ?
2. Which travel / tourist passes make good sense (like "Fuji Hakone Pass","Mt. Fuji Shizuoka Area Tourist Pass Mini" and other)?
Lot of thanks!!!
by vmm  

Re: Trip from next week 2018/3/23 12:27
Then you will be staying in Japan for two weeks, and must work around Hamamatsu for three days? Your traveling time is very touristic season so you might have difficulties in finding affordable hotels for your ideal destinations (such as Kyoto and Hakone). So if possible, I would recommend you to buy Japan rail pass as soon as possible. With this pass you can do day trip from Nagoya (which has many affordable accommodations even in the busy dates) to Kyoto, Hakone, Kanazawa and even Tokyo.

If you have much time to plan, you can choose good accommodations, but since you will have little time to plan, I would recommend Japan Rail Pass 14 days, and then plan for the accommodations.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Trip from next week 2018/3/23 19:03
Hi, I'm Japanese living in Tokyo, previously lived in Nagoya. I'm sorry for my poor English.

I recommend a plan below for making your good trip.
But, I have no idea about some travel pass which cover the whole area you want to visit.

Day 1.Nagoya
・Nabana no Sato (flowergarden)
・Nagashima Resorts(includes outlet shopping center, Onsen, amusement park)

Day 2.Fuji Area transport by Shnkansen.
・Narusawa ice cave/wind cave
・Kawaguchiko lake (pleasure cruise etc.)
・Oshino hakkai
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp

http://www.yamanashi-kankou.jp/foreign/english/spot/052.html

Day3.Hakone
You should move by train.
・Onsen, shopping, the HAKONE OPEN-AIR museum.
Take a rest

Day 4.Kanazawa
There's no good transportation between Hakone and Kanazawa.
Then you should move from Hakone Yumoto sta. to Kanazawa Sta. via Tokyo.
・Korinbou(busy street)
・Omicho ichiba(market)
・Kenrokuen park

Day5.
Passing Nagoya, you move to Hamamatsu.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip from next week 2018/3/24 06:54
Nagoya to Tokyo 110 min 11080 yen
Nagoya to Kanazawa 150 min 8320 yen
Nagoya to Kyoto 35 min 5790 yen
Nagoya to Mishima 110 min 8490 yen (nearest station to Kawaguchiko)
Nagoya to Takayama 150 min 6230 yen
Nagoya to KIX 130 min 8890 yen
Nagoya to Matsumoto 130 min 6230 yen
Nagoya to Hamamatsu 30 min 5140 yen
Nagoya to Osaka 90 min 7230 yen

These fares are for single trip.

If you do Kanazawa, Hamamatsu and Mishima round trips and then go to KIX (Kansai airport), the sum is 52790 yen which is more expensive than 14 day Japan rail pass 46390 yen.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: eligibility for JR passes 2018/3/24 07:42
As long as your “working” includes any paid activity, presumably you are not allowed to use Japan Rail Pass.

Visiting Japan in Temporary Visitor status of residence, which does not let you work for money, is a significant criterion of the eligibility for Japan Rail Pass (and most other JR passes).
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Trip from next week 2018/3/24 19:42
Thank you to all!!!
by vmm rate this post as useful

reply to this thread