Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Alps itinerary 2018/3/23 18:28
I am planning a visit to the Japan Alps in June, I think I will be staying there for 4 days,does my itinerary look rushed? would love any suggestions
Arrive Toyama on 20th at night from Hiroshima
21th Toyama - Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route - Omachi
22th Omachi - Rokuzan Art Museum - Daio Wasabi Farm - Azumino
23th Azumino - Matsumoto - Matsumoto Castle - Nari Old Post Town - Tokyo
Leaving on the 23th at night to go to Hakodate

Thanks in advance :)
by mikey771 (guest)  

Re: Japan Alps itinerary 2018/3/24 18:26
Overall, it looks good to me. If I were to tweak anything, it would just be the 22nd.

22th Omachi - Rokuzan Art Museum - Daio Wasabi Farm - Azumino

Unless you plan to stay in the Azumino area that evening because you know of a really good place, I'd say push on to Matsumoto by dinnertime and stay in Matsumoto. You can see the castle when it opens, and if you're up early you can see other parts of the town, too, before going to Narai.

Matsumoto 10:25 -- Narai 11:13
OR
Matsumoto 12:18 -- Narai 13:31
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
Narai 14:09 -- Shinjuku (Tokyo) 18:34
OR
Narai 15:56 -- Shinjuku (Tokyo) 19:21

Night travel to Hakodate. What time departure?

by Alps Guide (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Alps itinerary 2018/3/24 19:40
Thanks for the reply! Actually, I don't even know if there are trains running overnight between Hakodate and Tokyo, because if there is, I could save some accommodation cost and maximize the efficiency of the trip.
My plan is to arrive Hakodate early on the 24th and move on to sapporo on the 25th.
by mikey771 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Alps itinerary 2018/3/24 20:32
Shinjuku 19:02 -- Hakodate arrives midnight (actually 0:05), and requires several transfers

I can't spot an overnight sleeper train on eki-net.com, but perhaps someone who knows the Tokyo-Hakodate route can provide information.

by Alps Guide (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread