Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxes 2018/3/31 02:03
Hello . I am got married with Japanese guy last year . Now I am in japan 5 month . I work in hostess club , and I want to pay taxes . Can I do it now ? Some people told me that I need to live in japan at least one year . Does anybody knows something about this . Please tell me .
by maxlove  

Re: Taxes 2018/3/31 12:24
You pay taxes for each calendar year. By now the tax filing period for last year (2017) is finished, and I don't know how much you earned in 2017. There is a certain threshold above which you need to file for your taxes.

You will be filing for your taxes based on your income during calendar year 2018 during the period of Feb. 16 - Mar. 15, 2019.

So this year, keep record of all payments received from your employer, keep record of all your expenses associated with the payments received. Also (I don't know how they pay you but) if your employer deducts any taxes or social insurance premium, keep record of those too; the employer (if they do deductions) will give you a statement at the beginning of next year.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Taxes 2018/3/31 12:28
Thank you very much .I just started to work one month ago . So I will pay next year
by maxlove rate this post as useful

Re: Taxes 2018/3/31 12:57
OK, then you don't have to worry about it for now.

By the way, the filing process is called "kakutei shinkoku."

Check with your Japanese husband, though; if he is a salaried worker, and if you make (in a year) below a certain amount, you will be considered is "dependent," and you don't have to do the tax filing on your own.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Taxes 2018/4/1 22:36
Thank you very much
by maxlove rate this post as useful

reply to this thread