Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Lake Kawaguchiko 2018/4/2 14:08
Hello,

It's getting close to our trip to Japan, that's 6 days from now and I'm so not ready yet. I'm divided or worst confused about spending a night in Lake Kawaguchiko.

What is the least complicated way to reach Lake Kawaguchiko from Osaka? There is a good weather forecast (mostly sunny) on one of the days we're in Osaka (what a photo opp for Mt Fuji and cherry blossoms!), so we plan to go to Lake Kawaguchiko and stay overnight. After that we go back to Tokyo and stay for the rest of our trip there. We are JR Passholders.

i've looked at train schedules from Osaka to Gotemba, then bus to Lake Kawaguchiko. Extra cost is bus fare (r/trip): 3020 (1510Y ea way). Is this a more economical and faster way to do this trip?

I'm wondering now if we're better off going back to Tokyo earlier by one day, stay overnight and take the train the next day to Lake Kawaguchiko, making it a day trip.

By the way, on one of the days we're in Osaka, we're doing a day trip to Hiroshima.

Your suggestions and input is greatly apprecited. Thank you.

by 2travelsome  

Re: Osaka to Lake Kawaguchiko 2018/4/2 16:53
As per this website info in the Fuji 5 Lakes section. Shinakansen to Mishima, then bus to Kawaguichiko.

To get to Tokyo from Kawaguchiko, get a direct highway bus to Shinjuku, no need to go via Mishima or Gotemba.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread