Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost Japan Rail Pass 2018/4/3 08:47
Hello everyone
I arrived in Tokyo 4 days ago, and on the 1st April, used the Shinkansen.
I forgot 21 day japan rail pass in the seat pocket. I left the train realized I forgot it, so directly informed the station, they called the last stop of the Shinkansen but unfortunately they called the wrong one, as the train was splitting. I checked all lost and found, went to police but nothing. I'm scared the cleaning threw it away as it looks like an advertisement! There were only two stops until the end station when I lost it, and the train was empty. It has been two days now...do you think there is no chance anymore they report it ? The cleaning should be done everyday right ?
Cleme

by Cleme (guest)  

Re: Lost Japan Rail Pass 2018/4/3 13:03
Which(what time) Shinkansen I lost and at what station did you ask?

There is a possibility that it can be delivered to the police box or police station,
but the forgotten items that were delivered to(collected by) the railroad company
will not be included in the police database unless it has been 5 or 7 days.

There is no choice, just wait.

Cleaning in the car is not done every day, "every time" at first dep station.
This movie are using speed play, but also you can confirm that they are checking all.
https://youtu.be/g9w7PS7Sc64
There was a possibility that it was thrown away
if it was caught between the seat back magazine unfortunately.
by Clarion (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost Japan Rail Pass 2018/4/3 14:38
Cleme,

I am sorry to say your chance to recover your JR pass would be rather low, since it took already 3 days. I recommend you to see the bright side. The JR pass is the third important thing you don't want to miss. The first is your life obviously, and then the passport. My son lost his passport in Frankfurt 2 years ago and we hoped that it might be recovered, but no, it wasn't. He must stay at Frankfurt airport for 9 nights which was a big loss for his travel, but he took his passport at Frankfurt and then continued his travel.

I recommend you to re-think your itinerary and find relatively cheap way to travel. We will assist you to find the way. Cheer up and have a nice travel!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread